|Lemonade XI|

××××

She waited impatiently as her foot tapped against the hard floor. Vanessa waited outside in the school with a bag of lemons. Jasper came strutting down the stairs, wearing salmon colored hoodie and his black baseball cap.

"Well what do we have here? A gift for me? I'm flattered."

Vanessa blushed at his teasing manner. Jasper took the small bag of lemons and placed them in his backpack.

"Couldn't wait to see me eh? I never took you for the desperate type."

"I am not desperate! I didn't have to work today and you talked about wanting to hang out."

"I did indeed say that. In that case follow me. I'll buy you some SweetFrog."

Jasper took the skateboard that Vanessa hadn't noticed, from under his arm and place it on the concrete ground.

"Get on."

Vanessa shook her head. The last time she rode a skateboard was in front of her crush from 3rd grade. She fell, faceplanting in front of him. She had never been so embarrassed in her entire life.

"Come on. It'll be fun."

"Jasper I can't ride..." Vanessa blushed embarrassingly.

Jasper reach for her hand, waiting to take it in his.

"Do you trust me?"

Vanessa stared into his eyes. The sun made them appear brighter.  She hesitant placed her hand in his. Jasper gave a smug smirk and pulled her on top of the board.

"Don't let me fall." She said just above a whisper.

Jasper placed one hand on her hip while the other still held her hand from before.

"Hey. I'm not going to let you fall."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Vote
Comment
Follow

Vote Comment Follow