|Lemonade I|

××××

It was raining cats and dogs outside. Typically North Carolina weather. I watched as several droplets of water pattered against the window while waiting for Samuel to return with our food. What's taking him so long to grab two burgers and a tray of fries anyways? The line wasn't that long. 

Looking across the room to see him balancing two trays of food and drinks, trying not to drop anything. He better not drop a single one of my precious French fries. Once he made it to the table in one piece which I'm surprised he managed due to the people nearly bumping into him. 

"You know, you could've helped." He sat across from me. 

"I could've but you looked like you already had it." I replied and shot him an innocent smile before bitting into a fry. 

He shook his head and quickly reached over and took one of my fries. "That's for being a bad friend."

"And this is for taking my food." He, at first, gave me a confused look before his face twisted with pain. He grabbed on to his leg under the table, which I kicked, glaring in return. 

I smirked and took his tray of fries, munching on them happily. He knows not to mess with my food but he does it anyhow. He always make jokes how I will never do anything to him. Not this time. He got what he deserved. 

Samuel pouted from his spot but didn't bother me anymore throughout lunch. 

Samuel and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. People often question our friends. I don't blame them. Samuel is a total extrovert while I preferred to keep  to myself. When I only wanted to graduate high school, Samuel had a rather bright  future for himself. Seven colleges were fighting over him, wanting to offer him a football scholarship. Although Samuel was pretty popular, he didn't let it go to his head. He still chooses to hang out with me though his friends thought I was a loser. I could care less what people thought about me. But the fact Samuel refuses to abandon me, made me feel special. Without him, I don't know how I would've survived all these years. 

The bell rang, meaning lunch was officially over. Samuel and I got up and went to throw away our trash. We made sure that we were the firsts to leave to prevent being flocked by other students. It's nearly the end of the day. Sadly, going home and doing nothing wasn't an option for me. Thanks to Samuel and his big mouth, I have this thing called a 'job'. He happened to mention around my mom that Chick-Fil-a were hiring, where he worked, and she immediately made me go apply. It's not entirely his fault. My mom has been pressuring me about getting a job since sophomore year. She hates the idea of me being home alone while she worked long shifts at the hospital. I understand her concern but at the same time I'm not that paranoid little girl anymore who would call her every time I heard a strange noise from downstairs. I'm 18 now. I can take care of myself. 

"I'll meet you by my car after class. And no hiding. There's no reason for your mom to have both of our necks." Samuel said as we walked closer to his next class. 

"The fact that you're scared of my mom is pathetic."

"Dude, your mom scares the crap out of me! She uses me to report back to her about you, you know?"

Of course she does.

That's my mom for you. 

"Fine. I'll meet you after school." I sighed honestly. 

Samuel smiled and walked in another direction to his class. Although it seems like we play around a lot, I truly appreciate Samuel as a friend. 

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Vote
Comment
Follow

Vote Comment Follow