|Lemonade XXI|

××××

"Order number 24?!"

Vanessa handed off another meal with a smile. Business was packed that day. But it was fast business. Over 20 people came in and left within seconds.

"When is my next break?" Samuel whined  behind her as he leaned against Vanessa's shoulder.

"Tell me about it." She murmured.

Vanessa shrugged him off as another customer step up to her register. She punched in their order and gave them a receipt.

"Hey, I think I'm going on break. You got it from here?"

Vanessa looked at the line noticing how long it was. She also caught a glimpse of a face that was hard not to miss. He was there.

Jasper smirked and waved. Vanessa blushed and quickly tried getting all her customers orders in.

Samuel seem to notice as well. The sight of Jasper's face didn't sit right with him. He once again open his register for some unknown reason.

"I can take the next customer, starting from the back."

Jasper knew his tactic. He smirked and stepped to Samuel's register.

"What can I get you besides lemons?"

Vanessa couldn't help to overhear the conversation. It seem as if Samuel was giving Jasper a hard time.

"Sir, you can't buy our lemons. They're not for sale."

Now he was telling a lie. Vanessa wrote off her customer and stepped next to Samuel.

"What seems to be the problem here gentlemen?"

"No problem here Vanessa. This guy just wanted to buy a couple of our lemons and I told him they weren't for sale." Samuel said with a smile but it didn't reach his eyes.

"And I was just telling your coworker how I buy lemons here everyday."

Vanessa let out a stressful sigh but quickly replace it with a smile. She knew she couldn't let her anger get the best of her. Especially while she was on the clock.

"Please forgive my coworker. He seems to have forgotten that we indeed do sale our lemons. Excuse me while I go fetch them for you." She said and glared up at Samuel.

Jasper looked between the two of them trying maintain his laughter. Once Vanessa walked away, Samuel took to action.

"Listen here you prick, this will be my last warning. Stay away from Vanessa or you will regret it." Samuel spoke low due to the fact customers were around.

"And what if I don't want to? Vanessa has the right to choice who she wants to be with. You're just jealous because she's with me and not you."

"I won't ask you again. She deserves better."

"And your think you're better?" Jasper snorted.

Vanessa came with the bag of lemons. She handed them over to Jasper and returned to man her register.

"I'll be seeing you! Oh yeah and one last thing,"

Jasper leaned over the counter to Samuel.

"I don't take threats from cashiers..."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Vote
Comment
Follow

Vote Comment Follow