|Lemonade XXXII|

××××

"Can you be any less annoying?" She glared at him.

He smirked. Jasper blew on his straw, sending a slight breeze to Vanessa's face.

"Please stop, you're going to get spit on my new book." She exclaimed.

Jasper placed his straw back into his cup and sipped on the frappuccino. They sat in a small corner Starbucks at the bookstore. Vanessa had finished her current novel back at home. She immediately wanted to dive into another John Green book. He was her favorite author.

Jasper huffed in boredom. Books wasn't exactly his thing. But he agreed to come because she asked. How could he say no?

"I'm going to get this one." She announced and stood from the table.

Once she had paid for the book, her and Jasper headed back into the mall. The bookstore was apart of it.

"Where to next?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter, I'll just follow you."

He nodded and grabbed for her hand. Vanessa blushed but neither did she pull away. Jasper's cheeks were flushed as well but luckily he was taller than her, she couldn't see. His insides leaped with glee. He so bad wanted to tell her how he felt. But how? He constantly asked himself.

"Can I treat you to an ice cream?" He offered out of the blue.

"Sure, I guess."

Jasper didn't have a plan. But he was hoping it would play out smooth.
~~~~

"I'm cold."

"You're eating ice cream silly." Jasper laughed and took lick of his treat.

They were parked in a empty parking lot in Jasper's truck. He turned off the heat because it was melting their ice cream. He did feel sorry that she was cold.

"Today was fun." She said. He nodded in agreement.

It was but he was bothered by the fact that they were hanging out as friends. Now was the perfect time to tell her.

"Vanessa?"

She looked from her cup with chocolate fudge smudged around her mouth. Jasper tried suppressing a laugh but failed.

"What so funny?" She asked.

"You have some chocolate right, there." He circled around her mouth.

She blushed embarrassingly, "Oh." She went to remove it  but Jasper stopped her.

"Let me."

He took his thumb and wiped across the corners of her mouth. Vanessa was left looking into his eyes. They appeared brighter at night. His hood was down and hair was exposed. Jasper noticed and stopped as well. His thumb hadn't left her lips which were now clean. They gazed into each other eyes. This was his chance to tell her. Without acknowledgement, Jasper found himself leaning in towards her. She doing the same. The only thing stopping them from meeting was the console in between them.

Vanessa felt his warm breath fan against her mouth.

"Jasper I-"

"Don't speak."

The car silenced. The only thing that could be heard was the outside around them. Jasper leaned closer, now their lips centimeters apart. It was Vanessa who closed the gap. His eyes fluttered closed as his lips moved against hers. Jasper deepened the kiss by cupping the back of her neck, bringing her in closer. Vanessa held onto him as a gasp escaped her.

"Jasper?"

"Vanessa, I love you."

"Is that what you tried to tell me the other day? I'm sorry I didn't listen."

Jasper placed a few pecks on her lips and rest his forehead against hers.

"I've been wanting to tell you for a while now but I didn't know how. I was worried you wouldn't feel the same. So I chickened out."

"I love you too."

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

First kisses today! #Vansper is in motion

Vote
Comment
Follow

Vote Comment Follow