|Lemonade XXV|

××××

"Hey there gum drop!"

His voice broke Vanessa out of her trance. Jasper stood in front of her with a lopsided smile while wearing an army green hoodie. He wasn't wearing a hat either. That's new.

"Hey Jas." She replied weakly.

Long story short; Jasper had gotten suspended for 5 days and Samuel was home recovering.

"What's wrong doll? You look upset."

She shook her head. Vanessa didn't want to think about the other day. But with a fight like that, she had to know the story between the two. Her job wasn't the best place to ask.

Vanessa called off to one of her co-workers that she was taking a break. She ushered Jasper to follow her to the outside dining area. Good thing nobody was there.

"Talk."

"About?" He raised a brow at her.

"Everything. With Samuel, the fight the other day. What's up with you two and why are you dragging me into it?"

Jasper sighed. He knew she would ask. That's just Vanessa being Vanessa.

"It's happened back in sophomore year. We were good friends. Some would say we couldn't be sperated." He laughed a little.

She motioned him to keep going.

"It start at Cynthia Burrell's party. At that time he had told me after a while of them hanging out, they were serious. Of course being the best friend I was, I was happy for him. Why would I be? He's liked her since 3rd grade. Later that night, everyone wasted. I didn't drink much because I knew I had driven us both there. He was passed out near the pool. I remember the party becoming overwhelming, I went upstairs to have some time to myself. Cynthia followed me. She started asking me questions about myself. I proceed to do so. Then I felt her getting close to me. She hands were all over my body. I begged her to stop. She didn't listen."

Vanessa processed the information he was giving and she knew instantly, the story wasn't going to end well.

"Sure I was tipsy but I was sober enough to know what she did was wrong. Not only to me but Samuel also. She didn't care about him. She told me that she used him to get to me. From that point, I hated everything about her. I never wanted her. Too bad Samuel didn't see it that way. Somehow he find out the next day at school. He acussed me of seducing her and getting her drunk to steal her away from him. When I asked Cynthia to tell him the truth, of course that litte witch lied. Rumors had already spread about me sleeping around with other guy's girlfriends. All thanks to Samuel and his lying heffa"

Vanessa seen Cynthia around school a couple of times. If she didn't hate her then, she sure did now. But there still something Vanessa was confused about.

"What does all of this have to do with me?"

"Don't you see? Samuel has notice how close we are and clearly seeing me happy after that incident, he's going through great measures to take you away from me." Jasper explained.

"But I still don't get it-"

"Vanessa I like you!"

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Well...

Vote
Comment
Follow

Vote Comment Follow