"What do I say if he asks why you couldn't turn in the paper yourself?" He continues.

"I don't know, say I caught the flu, got in an accident or something. I don't really care what it is, just make it believable. I'm out of skips for his class and cannot afford for him to drop my grade just because of absences." I tell him, rolling my eyes. "I have to go, I'll be back at some point today," I tell him rushing out of the room and walking down the hall.

I reach the entrance to the staircase and begin my descent down the stairs. Since I live on the third floor, I have quite a ways to walk, before I reach the ground. Every time I walk these stairs, I question why I let Liam convince me to put us on the third floor. These stairs are hell, and I hate walking them.

Once I finally reach the bottom of the stairs, I pull my hood over my head and begin to venture out to the parking lot, searching for my black Jetta, which is nearly impossible because almost everyone at this university has a black Volks Wagon. Finally finding my car I unlock it, and step inside, closing the door behind me.

I push the key into the ignition, and since my car doesn't have a Bluetooth system, I plug my phone into the aux and search through the music on my Spotify, finally settling on Julia Michaels. Just as I'm about to put my car into reverse I get a text.

Hey, I know this is super last minute, but would you want to join me, and a few friends for lunch today? – Genevieve

I softly smile at the text and the fact that she invited me to have lunch with her and her friends.

Aren't you on strict bed rest, Doctor's orders?

I send her back knowing that her laugh will fill up whatever room she is currently in.

Yes, but if it makes you feel better, my doctor did say I can get up and walk around as long as it isn't for a long period of time.

Seriously, please come.

I want my friends to meet you.

For some reason that last message sent me in a trance. Why does she want to introduce me to her friends?

What time? I have this thing until like 12:30 but I can meet after that.

I send her, not trying to get my hopes up. Louis, she has a boyfriend, and she seems happy with him. You don't want to be that guy. Nobody likes that guy.

Great! I can't wait, and we typically meet up at 1.

-*-

After my rather intense meeting this morning, I finally pull into the school at 12:15. I continue driving down the long street to park in the South Pointe lot, which is the lot closest to my dorm. I circle the lot hoping to find a parking spot, which I, unfortunately, do not which is not much of a surprise. American universities are more focused on the enrollment numbers that they forget that there is nowhere for their current students to park.

After a very unsuccessful ten minutes of circling and trying to find a spot, I head toward the unofficial commuter student lot. Which may be farther from my dorm, but at least I can usually find a spot, and thankfully I do.

Once I pull into the spot. I unplug my phone from the aux cord, and its charger checking to see if I have any messages, and I have one from Liam. I decide to open it now.

Gomez accepted your paper, but he's not happy. I told him you had some family emergency, but I don't think he believed me. He said he's going to email you later today asking for an explanation. – Liam