43. Death

We got to Konoha village by morning. We were tired. We went to Itachi's office. We walked in without Una. He looked at us. "Where's Una?" We all looked down.

"He took her. We have no trace of her." I said to him.

Itachi looks down. Kakashi walks up to me. "Naruto, don't say that. She was taken. We tracked her down and after that, we didn't find her."

"I will declare her dead." He looks up at us. "Thank you for taking her. I'll tell Sasuke about her death. I know you must be thinking. How can I let this go so easy, Trust me, this was not easy for me either. I took her in and I still couldn't protect her. I'll send a different party to cover the grounds and look for her, this stays between us until she is found." We left.

...

(Itachi)

I cried for her. I didn't want her to be dead, but I know I won't be looking for her since he took her back to my world. She probably would never come back if Kanata took her. I have to tell this to my family.

"Una. I'm sorry." I waited until I cleared my thoughts. I went to Shisui. "I have one more order. Can you bring my family into my office?"

"Yes sir, may I ask why?" He looks worried.

I looked down. "Una passed away. I want to break the news to them." I walked away from him. One hour later, my family has come. I folded my arms and looked at them. They came up to my desk.

My mother spoke to me. "Yes, dear. Did something happen to Una?" My mom sounded so worried about her.

I closed my eyes. My voice started to crack. "She, um. Uh... Pass away today." I knew they were in shock. Sasuke slams the desk. "No, she can't be dead!"

I open my eyes and felt tears running down my cheek. My mom was crying and had her hand over mouth. My dad closed his eyes and crossed his arm.

I spoke to Sasuke. "She was dying from an illness. There's no hope for her."

"NO! You a liar!" Sasuke looked down and started to cry. I saw his tears falling from his cheek onto my desk.

"Sasuke, she wanted me to say this. She always loved you."

He started to sob. My dad sighed. "She was a good kid."

My mother put her hand down and went to hug my father. I felt bad, I said to them. "I'm sorry."

Sasuke grabs and holds my collar. "How did she die?"

I didn't respond. I looked away. My mother walks up to him as she grabs his shoulder lightly. "She was coughing a lot of blood last night. She wanted you to be happy for a while before her death." They started to cry and Sasuke hugs her.

"Mom, I never told her that I love her," Sasuke confessed.

I folded my hands on my forehead and looked down. I never thought she would mean so much for me as a sister.

My father comes up to me. "Itachi, why you don't go home for today. After all, you're in no condition to stay."

He was right. I can't help myself to cry in front of him. "Dad, mom, Sasuke. I'm sorry for everything." I had a guilt so bad in my heart. I got up and looked at them. "Let's go home."

My mom and dad agreed. I grab Una's cloak. I went over to Shisui to tell him to cancel everything for today. Before leaving, he told me. "I'm sorry. I never thought..."

"It's okay. She's in a better world." I lied to him, she's probably with Kisame or Orochimaru. I headed home with my family. When it was dinner time. No one bothers to eat the food that mother works hard for. We were so sad about her passing away.

...

(Una back in her own world.)

I woke up to find myself in a cave.

"Good morning, Una." Kanata walks up to me.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

He didn't say anything. He walks away and I followed him to find Orochimaru. "Una, you have grown so much. I see you have what I'm looking for." Kabuto was behind me and knocked me out.

...

(Orochimaru)

Kabuto picks her up. "Kanata, she has the jewel?" I asked.

"Yes, it's within her heart and lungs," Kanata said.

I cross my arms and gave him an order. "Let's start."

...

(Itachi)

It has been two years since Una's death. I believe she's still alive. I have fake her finding and made a grave for her. Sasuke goes to it every once a week. I never bother to talk to him that he should start to look for other girls and stop thinking about Una. It was painful for him to expect that fact, she passed away.

Sasuke really did love her. I find it odd that the fact he loved her so much. I mean he barely even knew her, yet he still longs for her. I guess that was his first love.

I have finished my work for today and headed home. We eat dinner, after dinner, I pass the guest room. I open the door to find it empty and clean. "I miss you." I closed my eyes to image Una for the very last time.

I smile at the thought before closing the door of the room.

...

(Naruto)

I was training with Sasuke when I happen to stop. "Sasuke."

He walks towards me. "Naruto, don't you want to train?"

I looked down, made a fist. "I can't. I should tell you something. I was keeping it in for two whole years." I picked up my head to look at him.

"What is it Naruto?"

I walked up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "It's about Una."

His eyes widen. "What about her?"

I let go of his shoulder. "I was there when she was taken. We went to see the guy that wanted to help her."

He got mad and grabs my collar. "What!"

"I'm sorry, I watch him kill her and he took her. We couldn't find her anywhere." He lets go and walked over to a tree to punch it.

"She was killed?!"

I had tears wanting to come out. "She wanted to go with him. I tried stopping her."

"Why didn't you stop her!" Sasuke face me. I looked away.

"Not even Itachi stopped her. They both knew it was her last chance to get her that treatment." I grip my fist hard. I heard Sasuke went down as he cried in silence. "Sasuke, I am really sorry. I told you nothing because Itachi told me too."