41. Weak

After that, we headed out to his office. I helped throughout the day and was tired of helping him with the paperwork. "Una, you can go and enjoy yourself for today." I think he noticed.

"Thanks." I headed to the training grounds to find Sasuke and Naruto. "Hello there," as I waved at them.

"Hello. Una." Naruto comes up to me.

"So Sasuke told me the news. I am very happy that you and Sasuke are together. It's about time." He chuckles.

"Thanks, Naruto." I smiled.

"Una." Sasuke walks up to us. I couldn't help myself to hug him and let go. "Itachi, let me have a free time. So, I want to train with you guys if you don't mind."

"I don't mind. You can rematch Sasuke." Naruto placed his hand on the back of his neck. I nodded and smiled. "Sure, I would love that."

Sasuke and I faced each other. "Are you ready, Sasuke?"

I used illusion on him. I went after him with my sword. He jumps up. I jump back and he throws shurikens at me. I watch him fight alone. I wanted to fight in one on one when I felt like my chest was hurting me. I went down on my knees. I got up fast before Naruto notice.

I stop using illusion. "Sasuke stop. I don't feel good," as I hold my chest.

He stops. "What's wrong?"

"I feel like I shouldn't fight you right now. This is a mistake."

"Una!" A male voice yelled my name. He appears in front of me. Sasuke and Naruto run up to us. "It's been a long while, Una." It was him, Kanata.

"No, it can't be." I began to cry since my chest began to hurt real bad.

"I'm not here for you to kill me. I'm here to help you."

I can't believe he's alive. I walked up to him. "I thought I killed you."

He took a moment to talk to me. "Everything went as planned. Thank you, Una. Without you, no one will be saved from his curse."

I took a step back. "You bastard, you made me kill everyone! Even my mom and dad!" Naruto and Sasuke were in shock in the background.

"You really don't know, do you? When I discovered what and who made us, that person wanted all of us eventually. Everyone agreed to their fate. I used you and the other kids to kill because the main leader wanted that."

"I thought you were the leader!" I hissed at him.

"No. Una, I was his son. I only get orders from him."

The news was hard to take in. I looked down as I sob while asking him this question. "How did you escape?"

"Fate took me." I look at him. "I could help you remove that jewel, you have within your heart. Come with me and we could travel to Fate."

I put my hand on top of my chest. "Fate." I looked away. "I'll think about it."

"I'll be waiting at the Rose clan. Rose jutsu." Kanata left. I drop onto my knees crying. "Sasuke, Naruto." They came up to me.

"You shouldn't go with him." I looked up to see Sasuke talking like that.

I looked down. "I don't know what to do." Sasuke helps me up. "Sasuke take me home. Sorry, Naruto." Sasuke and I headed home. There was no one in the house. We sat on the sofa. "Thank you, Sasuke. I think we should break up. I don't want to cause you pain."

He hugs me. "I'm not letting go." I hug him. "Una, you seem tired. Why you don't get some rest."

"Okay. I will. I'll see you soon." I headed over to my bedroom when everything went black.

...(Itachi)

Night time has come. I went home and eat with my family in the dining room. I notice Una didn't eat with us so I wanted to check on her. Sasuke told me she was sleeping, but knowing her, she won't sleep for this long.

"I'll go check on Una." I got up from my seat and went to her room to find her on the floor. I closed the door and picked her up. She had blood coming down on the side of her mouth. I wipe it away.

She started to wake up. "Itachi." I put her down on the pillow. Una put her hand on her mouth. She started to cough out blood. Una put her hand on top of her chest. "I can't breathe." She was gasping out for air. Una looked around the room. She started to breathe normally as she holds onto my clothes.

I hugged her. "Itachi, I'm sorry." She started to cry. Una lets go and started to cough. "He came for me. I need to go."

"Who?" I asked.

"Kanata." Una started to cough out more blood. "I need to go with him. He said he-he will remove the jewel from my heart. I don't have much time left. I need to leave tomorrow." She smiled weakly as she coughs.

I placed her down on her bed. I touch her forehead, she has a fever. "I'll let my mom know, you have a fever. First, I have to change, I don't want to scare them. "

She smiled. I went to my room and change into my regular clothes. I headed out to the kitchen. "Mom, can I see you."

My mom looks up to me. I notice Sasuke wasn't here. "Yes." She got up. I took her to Una's room. Una was gasping for air. "What happened to her?"

"She has a fever."

"Stay with her until I come back."My mom left. I took Una's hand and hold it. "Una."

My mother came back and place a pot of water as she got the small towel out the water to place as she squeezes it out the water to place it on her forehead. She coughed but no blood came out. "Itachi, I think we need to take her to the hospital."

"We can't do to that." I looked at Una.

"Why, she needs a doctor." She angrily told me.

"We tried going to the hospital, but the doctors said the same thing. There's no hope for her to remove what she has." My mom looks down with a sad feeling. I grab Una's hand a little tighter. "When she gets like this. I only hope she gets better, but it's going to get worse each time she has her attacks."

"Itachi, are you sure there's no hope for her?"

I closed my eyes. "There is. She needs to travel to get there. The one that could help her is the one that made her kill her village."

She made a fist on top of her lap. "She suffers so much, poor girl."

"Mi..ko..to" Una grabs her hand. "I'll be fine. I don't want any of you to be worried. I-I need to ask him to remove it. I'll be back." She coughs out blood.

"Una, honey. I don't want you to go."

"Mikoto, I'll be fine. I'm grateful that you and everyone took me in. For the first time. I felt like I was part of the family. Itachi, tomorrow. I'll go without anything stopping me."

I looked down. I wanted to help her, but I couldn't. I close my eyes and looked away.

"Mikoto, don't tell Sasuke. I'm dying. Let him know that I'm fine because I'll be back."

"Una." My mother started to cry for her.

"This is my fate." Una closed her eye and fallen asleep.

...

Mikoto stayed in her room. I left to talk to Sasuke. He was in the kitchen. "Sasuke, it's getting late. You should sleep."

"Is Una going to eat?"

"She not hungry. She wanted to tell you that. Leave Una alone for today. She has been through a lot." He walked away. He went into his room.

I went back to Una's room. "Itachi, her fever went down." I closed the door and sat next to my mom.

"I never have seen her like this. I want to help her." I confess to my mom.

"I want to help her too." I could see my mother stop crying, but I could tell she was still upset.

"Una told me she loves Sasuke." My mother grabs her hand. "She loves him dearly ever since they saw each other," I told her.

"Love at first sight." My mom smiled. I looked down at the floor. I can't stand that thought of her loving this Sasuke. "Itachi, I'll take care of her all night. Tell your father about Una."

"Understand." I went into my parent's bedroom. "Son? Where is your mother?" He was seated on the edge of the bed.

I closed the door behind me. "Dad, Una is sick. She is going to stay with her all night."

"What, she's sick? Is she okay?"

I looked up at him. "Yes, her fever went down, but it will get worse."

"I knew, it was going to get sick. She was kissing Sasuke while eating the cookies."

I closed my eyes. I see now she wanted the last kiss from him. "Thank you, dad."

"Son, tell Mikoto that I am worrying about Una." I turned around and headed to Una's room. I told my mother what dad said. She nodded. I headed back to my room.

...

"Una!" I woke up from a nightmare. I saw her in chains and her left arm covered in blood. She was suffering. I try to reach out to her, but I couldn't. I went straight to Una's room. I notice Mikoto helping her up. "Una takes it easy."

"No, I feel better than I was last night." She saw me. "Itachi." Una smiled. Una coughed up a lot of blood last night from the paper towels on the floor.

"Itachi, grab my shoes. I'm leaving."

"Not now. You need food." My mom says to her.

She looks down. "Fine. Mikoto, can you bring my food here?"

My mom tried to smile. "I'll make something especially for you. Itachi, can you take care of her while I'll get her breakfast and get her shoes." I grab Una's hand and mom walks out.

"Una, how are you feeling?"

She looks out of it and pile. "I feel like someone wanted my physical heart and break it. It hurts very much." I pulled into a hug as I pat her head while she cries.

...

One hour later, Mikoto comes back with her breakfast and shoes. Una eats the food and put on her shoes. "Are you ready, Itachi. I am going to take you from here to your office." I headed out to grab my shoe and went back.

She grabs hold onto my arm. "Mikoto, thank you for everything. Goodbye." We went to the office.