12. Ghost

A couple of days since I have seen Sasuke. I was heartbroken that he broke our promise that's why I haven't been able to visit him. He probably told his older brother or he recognized me from that night? "I wonder about Itachi. What's his deal."

I went to my bathroom and get my filthy laundry to wash it by hand. I open the glass door to the balcony to hang up each garment on the line. Once I was done, I enjoy the view of the woods. This is the first time in a while that I get to really realize how close yet far from the forest. I looked at the balcony that was next door that is empty.

I felt isolated since no one lives next to me, but I wish someone lived in that apartment to go visit. I went back in, closed the glass door, and put the white blinds back down. I heard a knock on the front door.

"Who is that in the middle of the day?" I went to answer. The guests were Mikoto and Sasuke. Mikoto was holding a plate in her hands that were covered with a lid. "Oh, hello. Please come in." I closed the door behind them.

Mikoto looks around my small apartment. "Oh my, how cute you set your little apartment." She says politely.

I looked at Sasuke thinking to myself. 'Maybe I should ask him?'

Sasuke hugs me. "Snow, why you haven't come lately. I miss you." I think I blushed.

I notice Mikoto was smiling. "Yes, we did miss you. In fact, Sasuke kept asking for you. So, I asked Itachi where you lived. I hope you didn't mind." Sasuke let's go and he was blushing as well.

"No, I don't mind. Mikoto and Sasuke please have a seat on the sofa. Do you want anything to drink?" I looked at them for a response with a smile on my lips with my hands behind my back.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you for your kindness. Oh, I'll take this plate of food to the kitchen. If you don't mind." Mikoto responded with a smile.

I pointed to the kitchen which it was behind me. "Oh, yes, the kitchen is over there." Mikoto walks past me. Now, it's only Sasuke and me. I looked at him and thought about it, 'it's now or never.' Sasuke went to take a seat on the white sofa.

"Sasuke, I would like you to tell me the truth."

"Uh, what are you talking about?" Sasuke looked confused.

I wanted to know now. "Sasuke, did you tell your brother about the promise we made to each other?"

"No, remember our pinky promise. I will never tell him, Snow." He looks unhappy.

"Well, your brother knows now." I sat next to him. "I'm sorry, I thought you told him when he walked me back home that night he called me by my real name." He kept quiet.

His mother comes to the living room. "I put the food in the refrigerator. You can eat it when you are ready."

I stare at her. "Thank you, Mikoto."

She walks up to me. "Snow, I am going shopping, would you like to come?" I nodded my head. We all left my apartment to go do some shopping. "Sasuke, come over here, do you like this flower?" Mikoto said to her son.

I didn't want to meddle with their shopping. So, I kept my distance when they grab items. I walked towards a shop that was selling jewelry. I saw a silver and gold heart locket that was on display. They all look pretty and I wanted one, but I don't have enough money.

"I know, I'll start saving for one... Something about it remains me of Sasuke... Why is that..." An image of Sasuke much older sitting on the bed wearing a heart locker while he is looking down.

"Oi, Snow, where are you?!" That was Sasuke voice. I turn around to notice Sasuke calling out to me. He was looking everywhere for me while his mother was beside him. I run towards them as I waved at them. "Here I am!"

Mikoto looked worried. "Snow, there you are, don't run off like that. You can get lost."

I put my right hand on the back of my neck. "Oh, sorry. It will never happen again."

"Snow, would you help us," Mikoto smiles.

"Yes, Mikoto. I would like to help." Mikoto gave me two light bags for me to carry. We soon enter the Uchiha clan to their household.

"Hey mom, can we play today?" Sasuke put the bags on top of the porch.

"Um, sure come back before dark, but first, help me get these bags inside." She opens the door. We went to the kitchen. I helped out by putting the items to where it belongs. "Snow, I hope you come more offend because next year Sasuke and you are going to start the academy." She smiled and Sasuke smiled too.

"Yeah, we are going to the academy starting next year. I hope we will be in the same class, Snow." I smiled at Sasuke. Sasuke took my hand and run towards the door. "Later mom!"

I smiled and blushed. I realized I miss him. "Sasuke, where are you taking me?" We kept running. I noticed this is the same path that he took me to the pond. We stop right in front of it. "Here we are, Snow."

"Why, here?"

He turns his head and smiled. "To talk." We sat near the edge of the pond. I took my shoes off and let the water touch my feet. He looked up and I looked at the clear water. "Una, you think I told my brother?"

"Yes, that's why I didn't want to see you, I was heartbroken."

"Una, I gave my word not to tell. I care about you." Sasuke taps my shoulder that made me look at him as he poked my forehead. I blinked a couple of times and he chuckles. I started to chuckle.

...

It was peace between us. Sasuke and I talked about the days we haven't seen each other. "I have to go home, Una. Do you want to stay for dinner?"

I looked at him. "No, I can't. I have to go home. I want to eat the food that your mom made for me."

Sasuke got up and I put my shoes back on to stand on my feet. "Una, can you come tomorrow?"

I hug him. "I did miss you and I will." We let go of each other hug and to see we were blushing. We walked the opposite side saying our good-byes.

...

I walked into my apartment. After a shower, eat the food that Mikoto made, I went to sleep early and had a dream.

...

(Dream)

"Rose clan." A female voice echoes. I turn to see anyone was there and no one only a forest. I walked through the forest and saw women with long black hair in a blue dress, but I couldn't see her face.

"Una... Una... Una. I'm sorry. I will always love you. Please, forgive me," she says as she disappears. I wanted to know more about her and the clan, what is she talking about? "Wait, please stay?"

(End)

...

I woke up as I took a seat on top of the bed. I saw the same women in my dream now in my room standing inches away from my bed. "Una, please forgive me," a blink of an eye, she was gone. I heard a slam and I turn to look to see the door of the balcony swing open. "Una."

I got scared. 'Should I even follow the voice?' I got up and went to the balcony. I went out to look, notice the same women was leading me into the forest. I wanted to know why she was here so I jumped down.

"Una, over here." She leads me into the woods. She was far away and we went further into the forest. "Who are you?" I really wanted to see her.

"Una, this way." I walked over to her and notice that one of the trees had a swing. "Una, play." She smiled and vanished out of my sight.

"Wait," as I put my hand out. I knew she was gone. I headed toward the swing set. I sat down, grabbing the ropes for support. I started to swing back and forth. "What in the world was that about?"

Out of nowhere, I felt a sudden saddens. I started to cry because I know her. "Mother..."