37 - No One Like You

Alex sat down on a chair, her arm resting on the table. Chibs had opened the first aid kit and cleaned the wound. The alcohol made it sting and she grumbled, but other than that she kept her pain to herself.

"How's he doin'?" the Scot asked her after he had disinfected the wound. As the man looked at her, there was a worried glance in his eyes. She wondered if he had felt how close Juice had been to the edge yesterday; that his guilt had tortured him so much that he had wanted to kill himself. If Chibs hadn't called her... She pushed the thought away.

"When I found him yesterday, he was confused and haunted by everything that has happened," she answered. "I dragged him home and we talked for a long time, until I was sure that he no longer blamed himself for Miles' death. By now, he believes he did the right thing, I think."

Chibs taped up the wound. When he was finished, he laid a hand against the back of her head, looking her in the eye. "Yer a prospect we're bloody proud of, Shane. I'm sure ye become a great Son one day."

Alex smiled lightly, wondering if he would still agree with those words if he had known that she was a woman. For someone reason, she believed he would. Chibs was always honest... "Thanks." The man studied her face for a while, and she raised her eyebrows. "What?"

His lips curled into a smirk. "I'm just curious as hell... is there more between you and Juicy?"

"No man," she answered, rolling her eyes. She had stopped blushing about comments like these a long time ago. Furthermore she had decided she didn't want Shane to be gay; if things didn't work out with Juice she would still need Mila to keep the croweaters away – and Juice wouldn't be able to claim that he didn't know that she was a girl if everyone thought they had been sleeping together. "I got Mila. Juice is great, but I prefer pussies. Who knows, if he ever gets one. Anything is possible those days." She smirked, but it didn't take long before she got serious again. "But you should stop teasin' him with his feelings for me. He's takin' it pretty hard."

"That's the whole point," Chibs answered. "We love 'm. Whether he's into pussy or dicks – we don't care. I want him to know that." The Scot stood up and looked briefly at her. "Same goes for you, Shane. I've barely seen yer girl the past weeks. Not for a moment, since..." With a joking grin, he puckered his lips and made some smacking sounds. 

Alex got on her feet as well and bumped her shoulder against his. "That's got nothing to do with this. She just doesn't like the club that much."

"Then ye should dump 'er. Sooner or later she wants ye to choose between her and the club."

"No way. She's a very good Old Lady and she knows when she's crossin' the line."

Still Chibs had a point; Mila should show her face way more often around the club. "But sometimes... it's just hard," she admitted. "I haven't even told her about Miles yet – I wouldn't know how to explain it. I can't mention the cartel; then she'll get on a plane and leave me immediately."

Chibs laid a hand on her shoulder. "Not all lasses fit the club life. You gotta tell 'em everythin' or nothin'."

"Nothing, in my case," she muttered. Mila wasn't like Gemma or Tara. She was the most righteous person she had ever met and most things Alex was involved now, were illegal shit. 

"You'll find your way, son." His lips curled up. "You got always a back-up lover waitin' for ye. He knows the club life inside out." Through the hallway, he nodded to Juice, who was waiting in front of the bikes, his hands deep inside his pockets. 

As he saw them leave the building, a smile crossed his face and Alex remembered immediately why she had fallen so hard for him. 

"Who knows," she said with a grin. 

Guardian Angels ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें