Chapter 48

"Darlin'?"

"No. Stay away from me." I plead.

"It's okay. Yer safe, yer back."

"She's safe? Look at what she did to Jake! She could of killed him!" Lauren yells in frustration, she was Jake's cousin. A cousin who has never liked me, but she was right. I nearly killed him, I could have if Rick didn't stop me.

"Well she didn't. She isn't herself!"

"And that's okay? No one is their self anymore Daryl, that doesn't mean she can nearly kill someone because they're a bit obsessed with her!"

"I could have killed him! If I didn't get stopped he'd be dead, ye' know what he's done an' what he's like. Would of ye' done any different?"

"Well no. But that do-"

"Exactly! Ye' would of done the same thing, yer no different."

"She was kidnapped, how do we know she wasn't taught to kill huh? She could kill us all with a snap of our fingers!"

"That's enough! Both of you, Hershel will help Jake. I'll deal with Megan." Rick assures her, she gives me a dirty look before helping Hershel. "Cell. Now." Rick states to me, I do as he says and head inside my cell. I sit on my bed, head in hands. Fear running through me, what have I become? What's happening? This is the first time I've scared myself, I hated this. I just want to go back to normal.

"I'm sorry." I finally manage to say.

"What in the hell was that? Both of you, you cant keep letting Jake get you both worked up." Rick says to both me and Daryl.

"I started it, he got me pissed off an' wouldn't listen." Daryl mumbles. "Ye' know what he's like. What he's bein' doin' an' sayin'."

"We've talked about that Daryl."

"Yeah well he didn't stop like he said he would." Rick sighs in frustration.

"What happened to you Megan? Why did you snap like that?"

"I don't know. One minute I was stopping them and the next I had blood all over my hands. I saw what I did but I couldn't stop it, I wanted to carry on. It was wrong I know but I just. I'm not myself and I shouldn't be allowed near anyone, especially if I snap so easily."

"What do you want me to do? I can't keep you away from anyone."

"You can though."

"Megs no. Tha' aint happenin'." Daryl butts in.

"Daryl, until I feel comfortable enough to know I wont snap it's happening." 

"An' how long will tha' take huh? Ye' will be locked up like a prisoner."

"Megan. Daryl's right, I can't do that to you. Nobody can." Rick tries to argue his point.

"I'm not asking. I'm telling you, it's the only way."

"There's got to be another way."

"Both of you listen to me, I don't want to snap and hurt anyone else. I'm scared it'll be someone I care about, I can't have that. I made a promise to keep my family safe, and that's what I'm doing. I'm telling you to lock me up until I can trust myself again, until you can trust me again."

"I'll do it but I have a few conditions."

"Rick no!" Daryl protests.

"Go on."

"You have supervised outings, I'll make sure it's with people you trust and wont piss you off. If we need help with anything, you'll be helping one of the original group. No going out for runs, any toilet stuff or cleaning stuff or you need a shower then I'll have Maggie or Daryl supervise and help you if you're in pain. Daryl will visit you with your kids, food and drink will be brought to you."