Chapter 2

I give the woman a questioning look before sighing.

"Least you're honest."

"Is that a yes?" I nod. "Great! Thank you so much and welcome. I'm Lori and this is Shane by the way."

"Megan. These are my two kids, Rachel and Darren." I nod at them slightly.

"Why does Darren sound familiar?" Shane asks, I shrug before climbing in my truck and slowly driving into their camp. I park my truck not too far away from the others, I get out with Rachel and Darren. Rachel comes to my side as Darren stays a few feet away from me.

"Everyone this is Megan, Darren and Rachel. They'll be joining us." Lori smiles politely, the others give her a look.

"I know none of you trust us, I don't blame you. But we're in the same situation here, only I know I can help you all more than you can help me at the moment. I have supplies to last a few months maybe." I speak.

"Stupid bitch." I hear Darren mumble, I give him a look.

"We don't want no trouble." I put my hands up in the air to show we mean no harm, after a good 20 minutes they'd all introduced themselves to me and my kids. We was all sitting around a small fire when we heard a rustling, Shane stood up quickly gun in hand while I stood up with my bow and arrow, stupid me left my pistol in the truck. We both aim at where the noise was coming as it got louder and louder.

"Who's there?" Shane shouts.

"Relax! Jus' us." A voice shouts back. I know that voice all too well, it can't be. Please don't let it be.

"Merle? Daryl?" Shane says as two men stepped out from the trees and bushes, he lowers his gun while I keep my bow and arrow aiming at them.

"Tell yer' pet te' heel." I see Merle speak, I look at him in disbelieve.

"Megan. It's okay, they're with us." Shane says as calm as he could, I lower my bow and arrow before quickly looking to see if my kids were fine. Darren also knew exactly who they were too, he just gives me an annoyed look.

"Megan? Is tha' ye'?"

"Hi Merle." He lets out a smirk.

"How ye' doin' sugar tits?"

"Fine till you two showed up.

"Am hurt, I really am." I roll my eyes.

"You know her?" Lori asks.

"Old family friend." Merle laughs.

-30 minutes later-

Everyone was doing their own thing, Rachel was playing with Sophia and Carl, Darren was sat chatting with Merle. I was sat away from everyone in the back of my truck.

"What ye' doin' 'ere Megs." I hear Daryl ask as he gets closer to me.

"Surviving. What's it look like Dixon?" I look up at him, he grunts and nervously sits next to me. I could tell he was thinking and I knew exactly what it was that he was thinking about. "Yes." I say

"What?" He asks confused.

"To what you're thinking. Yes."

"Are ye' sure?" I nod.

"Didn't ye' ever?"

"Yes but I was safe." He sighs.

"Ye' raised 'em? By yer' self?"

"Yup."

"Why?"

"I didn't want just any guy to raise them, they needed to be the right guy."

"Why didn't ye' tell me?"

"You left both times before I could."

"I wasn't right fer ye' Megs. Ye' know tha.'"

"I know now." I get off the truck. "I don't want you talking to them, or Merle."

"They deserve te' know Megs."

"Darren knows. He's refused to call me mom after Rachel was born, it's either Megan or stupid bitch." I see Daryl tense.

"He needs te' show ye' some respect."

"He's too much like his dad." I snap and walk over to Lori.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asks.

"I guess."

"I'm here if you wanna talk." She smiles.

"Thanks."

"Right listen up, it's time." Shane shouts, everyone stops and listens to him. "Merle, Glenn, T-Dog, Andrea and anyone else ready?" They all nod and leave.

"Momma! Momma! Look what I drew!" Rachel runs to me and shows me a drawing of a group of 4 stick figures. "That's you, Darr, me and daddy. I hope daddy is still alive momma."

"He is sweetie." I fake smile as she giggles and leaves me with the picture, I put the picture in my pocket and stand up. "Rachel?" I shout.

"Yes momma?"

"You stay here and be good okay? Stay with Lori and Carol, I won't be long." She nods and carries on playing with Sophia and Carl. I go into the woods and walk for a while with my bow and arrows with me, after about 10 minutes I eventually come to a stop and look at my surroundings. It's nice and peaceful, reminds me of the old times before the walkers, even before I had any kids.

"Megs?" I let out a little sigh knowing who was behind me.

"Stalking me now Dixon?" I turn to face him.

"Wanted te' make sure ye' wa' ok."

"Since when do you care?"

"Ye' know I do."

"Right. You care so much you left me to raise 2 kids by myself."

"I didn't know."

"An' whys tha' huh? Oh yeah ye' LEFT! I wa' stupid enough te' think ye' actually cared both times." I snap with anger in my voice.

"Megs am sorry. But am 'ere now, I ain't gon' leave ye' again."

"You're right, you're not gonna leave me." I try to stay calm

"Am gla-"

"Because I'm gonna leave you." I give him a stern look.

"Megs..."

"Don't Megs me! I don't need ye' Daryl, they don't need ye'. I'm perfectly fine raisin' 'em."

"So fine our son calls ye' a stupid bitch!? So fine our daughter still don't know who I am!?"

"At least she doesn't think you're dead no more."

"What?" We both calm down a little.

"Since she could speak she asked for her daddy. Then all this shit happened and she thought you were dead, she didn't speak to me for a month. Darren had to look after her, do you know how hard it is to have your kids not like you? Not speak to you."