Chapter 4

"Merle first or guns?" Rick asks as we all get through the fence.

"Merle! We aint 'avin this conversation." Daryl snaps.

"We are. You know the geography. It's your call." Rick looks at Glenn.

"Merle's closest. The guns would mean doubling back. Merle first." I give him a slight nod, we walk to the building where they had left Merle only to find a walker.

"Damn. Yer one ugly skank." Daryl says as he gets his crossbow ready to shoot but a knife gets thrown in its head, they turn to face me. I smirk a little before getting my knife back.

"I had 'er!"

"Too slow Dixon." I walk ahead with Rick, we reach the roof. T-Dog cuts through the padlock and we enter.

"Merle! Merle!" Daryl shouts, he looks at something and starts to slightly sob. "No! No!" I go to Daryl's side to see a saw on the ground, near it was the handcuffs and Merle's hand on the ground. "NO! NO!" He got louder and angrier, I place a hand on his shoulder for comfort. He never used to like it at first but then he got used to me doing it and would only let me do it. To my surprise he shrugs it off quickly and turns around to T-Dog with his crossbow pointing at him, Rick pulls out his Python and aims it at Daryl.

"I won't hesitate. I don't care if every walker in the city hears it." Rick says, Daryl slowly lowers his crossbow and Rick lowers his gun.

"Ye' got a do-rag or sumthin'?" T-Dog hands him one, Daryl picks up Merle's hand.

"I guess the saw blade wa' dull fer the handcuffs. Aint tha' a bitch." He mumbles and puts the hand in Glenn's backpack. "He must 'ave used a tourniquet. Maybe his belt. Be much more blood if he didn't." I notice a blood trail and start to follow it, leaving the group behind me.

"Megan? Where you going?" Glenn asks, I ignore him and keep following the trail. Rick quickly follows me as do the rest, we walk down the stairs.

"Merle? Ye' in 'ere?" Daryl shouts, he sees a walker in a nearby office and shoots it. We walk in the room as Rick and Daryl make sure there wasn't any more walkers. "'Ad enough in him te' take out these two sumbitches. One handed. Toughest asshole I ever met my brother, feed him a hammer he'd crap out nails." Daryl's not wrong, I remember different things about the Dixon's. Even though Merle had trouble he was there for me when I really needed someone, most of the time he was there for me when me and Daryl had our fights, of course he'd be there for Daryl too but he'd sneak out when Daryl slept to see me to make sure I was okay. He might act real tough, they both can but just like his brother he cared. Didn't show that he cared in front of others though, he made me swear not to tell Daryl any of this unless he was dead. And until I know for sure I aint saying nothing to Daryl about how Merle really treated me, my gut tells me he's still alive and kicking.

"Any man can pass out from blood loss, no matter how tough he is." Rick says as we continue to search for Merle with the occasional shouts for him from Daryl.

"We're not alone here remember?" Rick speaks up, I roll my eyes.

"Screw tha'. He could be bleedin' out. Ye' said so yer self." We came upon a kitchen with a stove which still had one of the lights lit with Merle's belt on top. "What's tha' burned stuff?"

"Skin. He cauterised the stump."

"Told ye' he wa' tough. Nobody can kill Merle but Merle."

"Don't take that on faith. He's lost a lot of blood."

"Yeah? Didn't stop him from bustin' out of this death trap." I roll my eyes as Glenn starts to talk about something, I didn't pay attention as I see a smashed window. I walk up to it and look out of it.

"Oh Merle. Ye' stupid sumbitch." I whisper to myself. "Great now I'm sounding like them again."

"Get yer hands off me! Ye' can't stop me!" I turn to see Rick stopping Daryl.

"I don't blame you. He's family, I get that. I went through hell to find mine, I know how exactly how you feel. He can't get far with that injury, we could help you check a few blocks around but only if we keep a level head." Rick speaks.

"I could do tha'."

"Only if we get those guns first. I'm not strolling the streets of Atlanta with just my good intentions, okay?" T-Dog says, I sit around playing with my knife as the others discuss a plan. They seem to forget I'm here when they're talking, which I don't mind but it would be nice if they actually considered in letting me be a part of their planning.

"Megs ye' comin'?" Daryl asks

"Oh now you notice me, how nice." I roll my eyes.

"I aint got time fer yer shit Darlin'."

"I think I'll stick with Rick and T-Dog." He grunts.

"Fine." We head our separate ways, after five minutes we hear yelling. We start to run to the alley that Glenn and Daryl were at.

"Daryl! Stop!" I yell as I see him trap a boy.

"I'm gon' kick yer nuts up in yer throat!" Daryl yells.

"Let me go!" The boy shouts, Rick grabs Daryl but the boy stays where he is knowing he's outnumbered.

"Just chill out." T-Dog tries.

"They took Glenn. Tha' little bastard an' his little bastard home friends. I'm gon' stop yer' ass!"

"Guys! We're cut off." T-Dog shouts above us all.

"Get to the lab! Go!" Rick picks up the guns and his hat as I make the boy follow us back to the building. When we get there I once again sit and watch Daryl and Rick interrogate the kid, he insulted Merle which made Daryl go to kick him but Rick stops him. I get up and punch the kid in the mouth, he spits out a little blood.

"Listen 'ere. I don't care who ye' are but what I want te' know is where the hell yer group took our friend, got it!" I snap, the kid smirks and spits in my face. I go to punch him again but T-Dog stops me, Daryl pulls out Merle's hand and throws it in front of the kid.

"Wanna see what happened te' the last guy tha' pissed me off?" Daryl snaps, the kid starts to freak out and backs away. "Start with the feet this time." Rick holds Daryl back.

"The men you were with took our friend. All we want to do is talk to them, see if we can work something out." Rick says.

-At building (where the kid is from with his group)-

"One wrong move, ye' get an arrow in the ass. Jus' so ye' know." Daryl warns.

"G's gonna take that arrow out of my ass and shove it up yours. Just so you know."

"G?" Rick asks curiously.