Chapter 25

"Yeah. Just upset you know." He sits down on the grass, I sit next to him.

"I know. He's in a better place now, remember that okay?" He nods. "Good."

"Can I ask you something?"

"You know you can anytime Carl." I smile at him.

"What happened between you and Shane? Mum and dad only said that you both decided to end things."

"Yeah we did."

"Was it because of Andrea?"

"What makes you say that?"

"I saw her face and saw that you had blood on your knuckles and shirt when you walked past, so I figured she said something cause after that you and Shane ended things."

"Smart kid you ain't ya." He smirks a little.

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, defiantly. I wish I was as smart as you."

"You are smart though, you're like dad and Daryl."

"Thanks lil man."

"Now back to the subject that you tried to change." I laugh at him.

"Whatever do you mean Carl? We were having a nice conversation on who's smart or not." He rolls his eyes at me.

"I wanna know what happened between you and Shane, you were both happy with each other. It's nice seeing stuff like that, you deserve to be happy Megan. So does Shane, his relationships have never lasted long. I was hoping you'd both last."

"I was hoping the same thing buddy." I hear Shane's voice speak, we look up to see him stood in front of us. I roll my eyes and look away from him. "So you wanna know what really happened between us both huh?"

"Yeah! I really do." Shane sits next to Carl.

"Well, let me tell you this. None of it was Megan's fault, she's amazing." He looks to me with a small smile, I keep a straight face.

"So you ended it?"

"No, Megan ended it. But it was because I didn't treat her right."

"You didn't beat her did you?"

"God no. I wouldn't of let that happen, I don't think your dad would either." I quickly assure him, Carl nods at me.

"I cheated on her."

"With Andrea?"

"Yes. It was a stupid mistake, I got jealous of her relationship with Daryl too. Especially after I found out they had kids together."

"But Megan was with you, why would she want anyone else?"

"Sat right here you know." I speak, I see Carl smirk a little.

"That's what jealousy does to you buddy, you do stupid things. Which is what I did and I shouldn't have." He leans to Carl's ear and whispers something, luckily I could just hear him. "Between us, I wish I could rewind time and start all over again. I wish she would forgive me, I miss her a lot." I grit my teeth lightly, I couldn't believe he was telling Carl that. He doesn't need to tell him that and I really didn't want to hear it either.

"Hey Carl why don't you go help your mum? I'm sure she'll need someone strong to carry boxes for her in case she struggles don't you think?" He nods, I ruffle his hair before he gets up and leaves to help his mum. I look at Shane. "What the hell was that about Shane?"

"What? He wanted to know what happened between us so I told him."

"You know what I mean, I heard what you whispered to him."