Chapter 24

"Thanks for everything, it's nice to have someone like you as family."

"You see me as family?" He smiles.

"Defiantly. Most of everyone here is, but you're like the dad I wish I had." I smile before going away, I see Daryl catching up to me.

"We didn't do it" He speaks, I stay quiet. "Carl showed up, told Rick te' shoot him. Rick couldn't, not with Carl there."

"Good."

"Can we talk Darlin'?"

"About?"

"Well ye' wanted te' talk tenight 'bout sumthin'." I sigh as we come to a stop so I could face him.

"I got into a fight with Andrea."

"Tha' why she 'ad blood on 'er shirt?"

"Yup."

"What she do?"

"Told me some things about Shane."

"What did he do?"

"Slept with her." I say while clenching a fist.

"Wa' he with ye'? Like were ye' two tegether?"

"Yes." I see Daryl tense.

"I'll kill him. Told him if he ever hurt ye' then he'll 'ave me te' deal with"

"He was planning to leave, didn't think it was important to tell me. Then he brought up that I should of told him about you being their dad."

"None of his business."

"I know."

"Megan!" Shane yells, I see him walk over to us.

"What do you want Shane?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Ye' don't need te' do anythin'. Ye' caused 'er enough pain already." Daryl snaps.

"Not as much pain as you did."

"Tha' 'as nuthin te' do with ye'."

"You've hurt her more than anyone here redneck"

"Hey!" I shout at Shane, he looks to me. "Least he's doin' his best te' make it up te' me. He never lied te' me, he never cheated. He looked after me unlike ye! He don't go offerin' me as bait te' a walker either, so I suggest ye' shut the hell up." I snap.

"Ye' did what?!" Daryl punches Shane which causes Shane to fall back. "Ye' pathetic piece of shit. Come on Darlin'." We walk away. "Ye' okay?"

"I'm fine. Nice punch." Before he could reply we hear a loud scream. "Why does that sound like Dale?" We set off running to the fields where we heard the scream, Daryl was faster than me so he got there first. I see him kill a walker.

"Help! Over 'ere! Help run!" He yells, I catch up as everyone else does too.

"Dale! No!" I cry, Daryl keeps a hold of me.

"Get Hershel!" Rick yells. "Can we move him?"

"He won't make the trip." Hershel speaks.

"You have to do the operation here. Glenn get back to the house."

"Rick." Hershel shouts to get his attention.

"He's suffering! Do something!" Andrea cries out, Rick points his gun at Dale. He was shaking and had tears in his eyes, I look at Dale who was looking back at me. Daryl lets go of me and takes the gun off Rick, Dale looks to Daryl with pain in his eyes.