Chapter 11

"Scared tha' Darren will see 'er as sumthin' else fer not stayin an' lookin fer Rachel. Call 'er selfish or sumthin." Daryl gave me a look as I looked at him.

"I won't let that happen." Shane speaks up. "We all saw and heard him earlier, I won't let him do it again." I quickly give Rick a hug and whisper something in his ear, he nods as I pull away and follow Glenn and Shane. I keep my knife out ready for any attack, luckily there was none. "Glenn keep going, we'll catch up okay?" Shane speaks, Glenn nods and walks on while Shane takes my wrist gently so I would stop walking.

"I'm fine Shane, honestly." I mumble.

"Megan. Listen to me okay? We'll find them both, Darren won't start okay?" I nod, he lifts my chin up so that I was looking at him. "I mean it gorgeous." He lets out a smirk before giving me a kiss, he pulls away then starts walking back to the others. I follow behind, Shane was telling everyone what to do and what happened.

"Megan." Darren speaks, I look at him.

"Darren. I-"

"It's okay. Shane explained and Glenn said you didn't look to good." He gives me a nod before helping out with chores, I go and sit on top of the RV with Dale.

"You know we haven't really talked much." Dale states.

"I've realised. I'm not much of a people person I guess."

"Accept for Rick, Lori, Carl. Sometimes Carol, your kids, Daryl and Shane." I give him a weird look, he chuckles. "I get the others but Daryl and Shane?"

"What?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I'm still trying to figure out who you like." I roll my eyes at his comment. "Come on, you're an old family friend of the Dixon's and now you're flirting with Shane."

"Harmless flirting."

"They both like you, especially Daryl."

"What makes you think that?"

"He doesn't look at anyone the way he looks at you, he wouldn't let anyone share anything with him. Before you came he was quiet and kept himself to himself, helped out now and again. But since you came he's come out of his shell a bit more and you can see he cares about Rachel and Sophia. Something I've never seen him do."

"They're back!" Glenn shouts, I look to see Rick and Daryl coming into view.

"Well Dale if it helps. Jim said you owe him five bucks." I quickly get down and run to them.

"You didn't find her?" Carol asks.

"Their trail went cold. We'll pick it up again first light." Rick assures her.

"You can't leave my daughter out there on her own to spend the night alone in the woods!"

"She's not alone, she has Rachel. They have each other." Darren tries.

"Rachel's 6! She's no use, Sophia can't look after herself and Rachel! She's just 12! What can Rachel do at 6!" Carol snaps.

"HEY!" I yell at her, she turns to look at me.

"Shouldn't of said anythin'." I hear Daryl mumble.

"Don't ye' dare say tha' 'bout my daughter ever again! She's not useless, she knows how te' survive. So I suggest ye' shut yer' damn mouth." I snap with a hint of anger in my voice.

"But it's tru-" She gulps.

"Really want te' finish tha'?"

"You didn't find anything?" She turns her attention to Rick, Daryl pulls me away and places an arm around my waist to keep me close.