Chapter 41

"Rachel stay with your dad or Darren or uncle Merle okay?" I say, she nods.

"Where ye' goin'?" Daryl asks.

"To talk to Rick." I let go of his hand and walk out to Rick, Hershel had the same idea.

"The groups taking it as well as can be expected. Merle and Michonne are convinced we should hit first. Carol and I think we should take our chances on the road." Hershel speaks.

"What do you think?" Rick asks me.

"I think we do what's best to protect our people, our family. they dont deserve to be kicked out cause of a dickhead, that dickhead wants what he cant have. To be honest he looked scared, I think he is. Cause if his people turn on him then he's in shit."

"Okay."

"We're in this together. So if we stay and fight, so be it."

"He gave me a choice. A way out."

"What does he want?" Hershel asks.

"Michonne." He seriously wants what he cant have.

"He'll kill her."

"And then kill us anyway. What if he doesn't? What if this is the answer?"

"She helped me and Rachel, Rick. You can't be seriously thinking about this." I comment, he looks at me.

"I'm glad you came out here with Hershel." I dont know if he was being serious or just sarcastic, it was hard to tell sometimes.

"Why didn't you tell them?" Hershel questions.

"They need to be scared."

"They are."

"Good. Cause that's the only way they'll accept it."

"She saved my life and Carl's, Glenn and Maggie. If she hadn't come here with Megan, we never would of have known they were taken. She's earned her place."

"Yeah. Yeah she has."

"And so had Megan, you know it. You shouldn't of done what you did Rick."

"What he did has happened. I'm willing to move past it if you are, no reason to keep this grudge going especially if I'm staying here. We have bigger things to worry about." I speak, Rick nods in agreement.

"Are you willing to sacrifice your daughters lives for her?" Rick asks Hershel then looks at me. "Or your kids?" What is he getting at? My kids are everything to me, I'm doing my best not to put them at risk already.

"Why are you telling us?" Hershel asks.

"Because I'm hoping you can talk me out of it."

                      The next day I was stood outside with Rick, Hershel and Daryl. We've just told Daryl about what's been said, Rick trusts him with his life. So there way no way he couldn't tell him, but then again I said I'd tell Daryl at least if he didnt.

"It's the only way. No one else knows." Rick says to us.

"Ye' gon tell 'em?" Daryl asks.

"Not till after. We have to do it today, it has to be quiet."

"Ye' got a plan?"

"We tell her we need to talk, away from the others." Daryl looks to Hershel.

"Jus' aint us man." He's not wrong, even I know that Michonne will find that suspicious. There's no way that plan would work.

"No. No it isn't." Hershel speaks before walking away.