Chapter 129: Stealing Rooms

================================
Chapter 129: Stealing Rooms
================================

Ten times... the time inside the Private Server is ten times faster than the time outside. It was seven times faster than the time rate in Terroa.

And yet, everything feels the same. Nothing was out of place and aside from the feeling of being a normal person without feeling for sensing magic, everything is just like in Terroa —there was a palpable feeling of everything else around them being a game.

This was a feeling that only those players of RPG: Terroa are aware while those who're still "normal" became obviously surprised by the realism of the VR-Technology.

In the real world, Real@D was the norm while the NLD-Console is a rich-kids-only gaming rig since the next best thing was a [Dream Rift] device —a classic console-type gaming rig whose output was a Real@D rendering on a boxer's headgear.

Aside from the sense of taste and touch, players have a clear panoramic view of their surroundings. With a separate add-on machine, the sense of smell is also rendered quite nicely.

It has motion-sensor built within that controls your camera view, while your hands plays a joystick controller for your avatar's actions in the game.

While the technology's application method is old, it still featured better "rendering" compared to its competitors since the Real@D Technology and its improvements throughout the years led it to its current "good" performance.

Nevertheless...

Gamers around the world still craved on that next big thing and so the developers of the Dream Rift Console released an immersive expansion-rig.

Enter the [Gamer Gear], the next best thing in the gaming experience-expanding add-on demand for the Dream Rift Console. Although it is somehow a bit expensive when it was released, gamers still raised their moneys and bought the set. It was a "sexy suit" in all respects but it simulates senses through electrical impulses built-in on the device so the audio-visual aspects of the game added a "touch" into it, with only a sense of "taste" missing to complete a completely world-immersive gaming experience.

Its outer appearance was a spandex and for those looking for "more immersion" to their game, even more so to those MMORPG Gamers, they would be willing to sacrifice their game avatars' "flip and roll" skill just so they could immerse themselves to that feeling of being reborn in another world.

The reason why it sacrificed "flip and roll" abilities of their game-avatars is that the Sexy Suit needs the User's own reflexes to be used in the game.

There was a company who launched a "sphere" to support this feature —allowing players to flip and roll within the sphere— but not only it was a very expensive item, it was also space-consuming that it practically wastes so much space inside their house and so wasn't that accepted by the gaming community and was eventually scrapped later on.

Yes, the new "spandex" was immersive, but aside from the smell-simulating device that comes as a purchasable add-on to the entire Gamer's Gear setup, gamers around the globe complained that they can't play the game better while wearing it. It only made them "feel" but that's it. It ends there.

As such, the hunger of the gamers only increased as the demand for the "next best thing" pressured developers into releasing a real —and also safe— "Virtual Reality" Technology-enabled gaming rig.

It was a problem that lasted for decades to come that many aspirants and fans found to be worth a lifetime's research and gambling.

Then came that incident.