Chapter 028: Meeting Reunion

================================
Chapter 028: Meeting Reunion
================================

Rex couldn't help voicing out, "How long?"

[Fifteen minutes.]

"Do it." A murderous look warped Rex's face. He did not fear anything as he walked inside his house and looked around it. "Some things were moved."

His anger rose to another level. He could recall the last scene of the house, the last memory he had of it before the accident and before he was brought to that townhouse unit.

His feet were light, almost no sound and he was very careful not to make a sound, feeling the entire house and sensing for the slightest of presences.

He closed his eyes to concentrate. Then, after a few moments, he opened his eyes and looked at the corner, towards an upper deck stair area, that was where their rooms —his, Baron's, and also his parents' rooms— were located.

'Someone's in there!' Rex's breathing shortened as he suppressed his rage. Just who dare disrespect my family's house?!

He pulled all his strength to control his impulse to kill and retreated on a corner to wait until Cortana finished decrypting the hardware.

Eleven minutes into the task, Rex was almost at the edges of his patience when Cortana reported.

[Sir, I've encountered resistance. The owner of the device seemed to have detected my hacking. His skill is pretty good sir.]

'Are you able to win?'

[I can win but it will take a lot of time. In worst case, he can disconnect online but since he was within the premises of my scan, even if he disconnect online, I can still continue my hacking.]

Rex weighed his chances and knew that being the impatient one will ruin everything. The owner of the hardware might even choose to destroy it if he found that his life was threatened. People with the geeky aptitude of being a cracker and a hacker are 70% prone to being cowardly. The remaining 30% are special ones who get lead or supporting roles on techy movies.

Not too far away, in his parents' room, Rex heard a grunting roar as if someone was encountering a big problem.

"God damn it. Who is this guy?"

Rex found the voice eerily familiar. Uncle Faust?

He suppressed his rage as he went closer to the upper deck of their bungalow. There he heard the furious sounds of keyboards and curses. There is no mistaking it, that voice belonged to someone he thought was his last family, Faust.

Rex clenched his fists as he prepared to punch the door open but his mind screamed as he recalled all the things that might get lost if he startled this man who betrayed his trust.

Instead, he went to his room. He was very careful not to make any sound and even made sure that the door hinges were moved slower and bit by bit while Cortana made sure to press the offensive to snatch all Faust's attention from his surroundings.

When the door was large enough for him to enter, he moved as quiet as the wind and only gently closed the door. The air con is off and so the room felt hot inside but with his bodily constitution he did not need to open the window to let cool air inside.

"It feels awkward now." he murmured.

Looking at his room now, a typical room of a teen with posters, tennis racket, a basketball, a baseball glove, cabinets full of figurines and models for his childhood projects, a holo-TV, old game consoles, school stuffs... everything in this room made Rex feel that he was back to those days of being just a teenage and not a [God] who was used to killing.