Chapter 042: Movements

================================
Chapter 042: Movements
================================

The Rewloola Retrofit Parts were almost complete while the first BM-Puppet versions —[Maxima] and [Tai Long]— along with the rest of his original 20 BM-Puppets, were already finished with all of their adjustments and fine tuning.

[Boss, the first "Maxima" is complete and ready for programming. Should we proceed?]

'Not yet. We don't have a proper [soul] for that yet.'

Siva knew Cortana was just asking for procedure, to remind him of the matter.

[What about Tai Long?]

'Haven't we been designing its AI logic-algorithm before we even got down here?'

[I'm only 48% more before completely mastering Maki's overall logical-blueprint. By then, I'd be able to design its AI according to your specifications. As for now, the development for the Tai Long AI was just 25% at best.]

'Why is it taking so long?'

[Boss, it's already a blessing that I'm this fast. You should know that what I am using is the run-engine of RPG: Terroa as a Battle-AI and it's already very advanced compared to my original hardware. If this Maki's overall AI logic-blueprint is published in the real-world, he will be a phenomenal breakthrough in humans' pursuit to perfect their robotic-science.]

Siva almost forgot. Maki, in all aspects, is already a [person] in this world. To be able to map out one person's thought-logic is already a large feat itself.

Back then when Cortana 'scanned' him, what she scanned was his actual Master Code —Maki's very own DNA, the blueprint of him being a 'person' of this world in all aspects.

Meaning... if the [truth] Siva had feared Janus was trying to protect in this world being the same, then it means that his fear of Terroa's frightening secret was actually well-founded.

He'd long had this notion but if what he's thinking now is true, then all the more he felt afraid of it.

This world is capable of birthing real intelligent life!

........meaning, mankind had already successfully challenged God in this aspect, albeit it being only a little half done.

Yet, that in itself was the frightening concept——

—this technology's purpose and origins!

Thinking about it, wasn't he using this [truth] and [secret] to his own gains as well? Using Cortana to develop his own version of Battle-AI, based on the 'Intelligent Life Blueprint' they took from Maki.

—with this, I am no different than them, it seems...

Siva thought of this bitterly, forcefully going back to his original concern of the current matters in regards to the first [Tai Long Puppet].

'Can't we temporarily program Tai Long using our prototype Mechromancer Settings? Even with that fixed response settings, the situation right now is still not applicable for freeing control of it. It might just work... right?'

This question was delivered not thru their thought-link but in an actual voice he asked her in his mind.

Siva glanced over to Cortana and saw her carefree look, stroking her purring cat as she replied with a nod while meeting his gaze.

[It can be done sir. But there is a risk of not having a flexible sense of judgement, with the resulting AI only being able to follow orders down to the word.]