Chapter 010: One Month Pregnant

Author's Note: that title is ominous!
================================
Chapter 010: One Month Pregnant
================================

"But why? Why would the Conclave invite me? I've never achieved significant merits to earn myself one of those Invitations."

Volt was flustered. This was the reason he logged in today and hoped that Siva was here.

"Well, it's not that surprising." Said Coralline.

"How so?" Siva asked, looking at her and waiting for an explanation. His expectant gaze was curious and she scoffed at the sight of him.

"You! You aren't even interested on coming so why are you asking as if it has something to do with you?"

Volt was stunned by her aggressive tone while the man in question cleared his throat and declared in a matter of fact and honest tone, "I am really not interested in coming but knowing the how and why of things is human nature. Life is full of surprises."

"..." Volt felt like his numb just went scalp. The wrold was in rverese and the ltetres were jmulebd for some raeosn.

Since when did he become a philosopher?

Coralline's face turned red and her fists clenched hard while her breathing shortened. She was really beginning to be triggered by this twisted bastard.

After breathing heavily for a while, she managed to calm down, and then said, "It's only natural for the people around you to be famous. I wouldn't even think it's unnatural that not only him, but also some of the people in your group who had a public info would be invited as well. That's just how the event organizers work. They will invite anyone who had managed to distinguish themselves to attend the Conclave, regardless if one had an achievement worth mentioning or not. All that matters is your fame and how much of a 'figure' you are in public."

"Hey, I thought only those with either Academic Achievements like you or someone perversely so good at something like this guy here can be invited to the Conclave? So why has it become a celebrity gathering and not an intellectual one?"

"Did you just hear the words I've said? What is the title of the gathering?"

"Youth Conclave of Achievers."

"Do you think achieving worldwide fame is not an achievement?"

Volt and Siva nodded weakly with an "oh" face.

She added, "Also, as for the reason, didn't you just realized now... everyone in your group aside from you are the envy of the players playing the game. I wouldn't call yourself famous since you yourself is a wanted man, but the people around you are on a different perspective. To the world, they are worth the admiration because they managed to hook themselves to your thigh when you started this so called Grand Quest. Take for example those three great guilds in Warjillis you took away. Right now, their official page had tons of applications and is now expanding to become a Major Power as well."

The Nine Dragons Gate...

The Valkyries...

And the Ebony Sanctuary...

Before their powers were only concentrated in the City of Warjillis. But now, they've began to expand in all continents as all applicants wanted to have a chance to ride on the fame-bus called [Siva].

(AN: Bus = gamer's term. When a ridiculously, well not actually ridiculously strong, but if a relatively very proficient gamer tries to help a newbie or a weakling to become strong (usually through getting higher levels by fighting monsters way beyond the capabilities of the weakling to defeat), the entire process is called "riding the bus" and the person doing the helping is of course the "bus")