You liked it. It had a beautiful fireplace, and the old furniture was simple yet charming.

Feeling more confident, you left Law's side, who stayed behind, standing in disinterest a few steps away from the door, and approached your friend, who was inspecting a tall, thin bookcase, only a few, damaged books left on it. You also could see an old picture and a pretty figure of a ceramic elephant with the trunk broken.

As you walked towards the bookcase, the tip of your foot met with an object on the floor, making it slide and softly bump at the bottom of the bookcase.

Hearing the sound, Esther pointed at the object with her flashlight at the same time you did.

It was another picture.

You picked it up, a smile forming on your lips when you saw it was a family photo. The father, the mother, a young boy, a little girl, and a toddler smiled at the invisible photographer. It was cute.

"Is your neighbor in this picture?" you asked Esther.

She looked at it and pointed at the little girl. "She must be this child."

You observed the picture in silence for a while. Pictures were awesome. They were able to capture the past, just as it was, for everyone to see. They guarded a piece of present, something nobody can grasp, before it became past.

DONG!

The loud sound startled you and Esther, and you realized there was a chiming clock over the fireplace, next to you.

Your hand went to your chest as the bells kept sounding. Ten o'clock. "God damn it!" you whispered when it stopped, your heart crazily pounding in your chest. "I forgot batteries exist."

"It scared me too," Esther admitted with a nervous laugh.

You turned to Law with a sheepish smile, lighting his chest, but froze when you saw the door behind him. "Law, have you closed the door?"

He calmly turned to look at it, then looked at you. "Yeah. Cold air was entering from somewhere in the hall."

You let out a soft sigh of relief. You hadn't heard him closing it and it made you a little paranoid. But you had nothing to worry about. It was just a house. The ambient may feel a bit strange, but you could just be imagining it... Although Law could feel it too... But it was just a house. Nothing would happen. Nothing ever happened.

Law approached you and wrapped his arm around you, keeping you close.

"Are you scared?" you joked with a tiny, nervous giggle.

He smirked. "Are you?"

"Of course I am."

He chuckled softly at your adorable honesty, and you felt his hand tightening gently around your shoulders. His piercing eyes scanned the whole room before he gestured with his head towards a wall. "There's a door there."

Esther was the first one to walk to it and open it to enter the next room, which turned out to be the kitchen. A big kitchen. An ample countertop with a squared 'U' shape and the cupboards beneath and over it occupied the left half, while on the right half there was a big table with chairs, windows covering the walls on that half. However, the blinds were completely lowered, and the entire room was pitch black, much more than the living room.

Law walked to the fridge, which was half open, taking you with him, and inspected the inside in bored curiosity. As expected, it was empty.

"Anything in there?" Esther asked, still not bothering to lower her voice and peeking over your shoulder from behind you.