Time To Set Things Right

Jimin's father sat at the dining table, waiting for his so-called wife to come home. Jimin was asleep with his car in his bedroom which still wasn't fully unpacked. Jimin's father, Daejung, who was still quite very drunk had a tiny, tiny, microscopic piece of sense in his mind which he had complete faith in to use while he planned on having a serious conversation with his wife, Hana when she arrives home.

If she is willing to listen to her drunken husband of course.

The door opened and Daejung jumped in his seat, trying to calm himself before seeing his wife or else he knows that he will start speaking none sense.

His wife sauntered into the grand living, finding her husband on the floor in the complete dark, with a bottle of water in his hand.

"Why are you sitting in the complete darkness?" The woman hissed, turning on the ceiling's chandelier.

He took in a deep breath before answering, "Can you please take a seat, dear?"

She rose her eyebrow at Daejung but took a seat opposite of him out of 'kindness'?

"I want to go back to Korea with Jimin." He answered swiftly, Hana already starting to boil in anger.

"We are not going back to that country again, I'm not letting my son be near that homosexual boy!" She yelled, slamming her hands on the table, startling her husband.

"And you think moving to another country will stop our boy from liking males? It's just a gender honey, and we can't control his life forever. We just need to support his choices and hope that everything will turn out alright for him in the end." Daejung replied truthfully, shocking his wife in a way.

"We can't let our son control his own life! He is clueless! He knows nothing! We let him control it and look where that got him! He transferred schools, got a crush on a boy, brought in a dirty street animal into our home, dating a boy! He is ruining his life!" She yelled, the husband feeling like he needs some more alcohol.

"He took cared of a sick animal that had no real home, he hated his old school from the very start and was in fact a bad environment for him, he got a crush on a boy and got a boyfriend, big whoop! Since when did doing any of those things make him less of a human?" Daejung hissed back at his wife, maybe getting a little bit of spit on her in the process.

"Daejung, are you drunk?" Hana asked, gritting teeth, staring down her husband.

"So what if I am? I know what I am saying and I mean it." He insisted, enraging his wife.

"We are not moving back! End of discussion!"

"What about our family? Huh? You still have both of your parents back in Korea and we both still have a son there!" Daejung persisted, his wife went about quiet, she muttered under her breath, "they can visit us in Japan."

"Alright, then what happens when Jimin goes to his new school here and develops a crush on another boy? What are you going to do? Cause I know for one thing which I'm not gonna do is yell and hit my son for going through what every boy goes through at his age." He shrugged and got up off the ground, his wife still sitting on the ground silently.

"I'm sleeping in one of the guest bedrooms tonight. You can think things over even though I don't understand why you have to." He mumbled, about to leave until he turned back and looked at Hana. "I don't know about you but my parents would be happy that Jimin found love, I know they would be happy to know I don't try to stop what he is either."

And his wife was left in the cold silence.

She rubbed her forehead before getting up to leave for the bedroom which she will be sleeping in alone tonight.

She walked through the grand halls of her home, only staring at the floor while she walked. When she entered her bedroom she closed the door behind her and fell on her knees and put her hands together.

"A-am I a bad parent?" She asked as she hung her head. "I'm sorry, I haven't talked to you since I was giving birth to Jimin cause I wanted the operation to go well but..." she trailed off and said nothing. She grew up believing dating of the same gender was a sin.

"Jimin was supposed to marry a woman of another company, not with some average boy. Jimin was the good son, I don't know what happened with the other one but now they are both bad." She spoke again, pressing her head against her hands.

"The Bible says to love everyone but then I'm told that God doesn't accept g-gay people so what am I supposed to believe? Y-you say one t-thing but then say another?" Her voice cracked, "I just want the best for Jimin and I know that this isn't the best for him. H-him dating another male? It seems so abnormal and wrong."

Something on her the locker beside her bed fell, she froze at the sound and went to pick it, it was a picture frame holding a family picture of her two sons, very young, both with their natural hair. She held Jimin while her husband held Jihyun. Her eyes watered at the happy and endearing smile on Jimin's chubby little face.

"I-I'm in the wrong... aren't I?" She muttered, whipping the corner of her eyes. "I-I touched my s-son and yelled at him v-violently, he must hate me." She cried into her hands, "h-how could I have d-done that to h-him?"

Her phone buzzed vigorously beside her, she looked at the screen and saw a spam notification that read 'cheap, first-class tickets to Seoul, Korea'.

She sniffles as she grabbed her phone and clicked on the notification. "I-I'm gonna make t-this right."