It's always normal, until it isn't.

Start from the beginning

"Six thirty," Remus answers after looking over my head at the digital clock on my nightstand. 

I curl closer to him, moving closer to the comforting warmth he produces. 

"I don't want to move," I murmur, not needing to talk any louder for Remus to hear me. 

"You should try to get some more sleep, baby," His words are filled with nothing but affection and concern. I snuggle my head safely into the crook of his neck. 

"You, too. Promise you won't leave?" We've both gotten to the point where we are constantly panicking when we aren't next to each other. We balance each other's nerves, and can calm almost any fear with just a touch on each other's shoulders. Or a subtle hand on the knee in an order meeting. An arm wrapped around the waist after a particularly nerve wracking run in with death eaters. But, we can always calm each other. No matter how scared, or angry.

"I won't leave, puppy. I promise," Remus kisses the top of my head after he speaks, one of his hands still in my hair. Names, the next ring. The foundation of our entire identity. One word, that means so much. Take 'Puppy' for an example. Remus has called me that since hogwarts. My name, Sirius, is also the name of a star. A star in the constellation Canis major. Canis is Latin for 'Canine', which means dog. Remus also sees me as someone he needs to protect, like a baby. We call each other baby, or babe, all the time. But rem also calls me puppy, or pup, meaning 'Baby dog,' 

Before I know it, I'm falling asleep. 

The next time I wake, Remus is gently stroking my cheek and speaking softly in my ear. 

"Sirius. Honey, wake up," I open my eyes, almost flinching at the harsh sunlight. 

"It's nine," Remus answers my question before I can ask it. "We have lunch With James and Lily at one, and an order meeting at five. I figured you would probably want to be lazy for a while, so I decided you might as well be awake," 

This is the moment. The moment where he says 'I'm gonna go get some work done'. 

"You wanna watch a movie?" I look up at him, startled. We haven't had an actual lazy day since Hogwarts. Remus smiles and kisses my cheek. "I thought, that you would be more interested in that than working. We might as well keep the morning going good," He pushes my hair away from my eyes. 

"And we desperately need to spend some actual time together. My constant paranoia is ruining our relationship," He looks into my eyes while he speaks, and I can tell he means what he says. 

"Not your fault. I should be trying to help you instead of just letting us fall into a routine. Just because we're in a war, doesn't mean we can stop paying attention to... Us," My voice is barely above a whisper. Remus has tears in his eyes. "Don't cry. Sure, we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. But that doesn't mean we can't do anything about it. Come on, let's go eat some breakfast and watch a movie. Merlin, I'm starving," I smile and sit up, looking down at Remus. He gets up and hugs me from behind, pressing his head gently into my neck. 

"You're my favorite," He whispers, kissing my neck with only innocent intentions. I close my eyes, laying my head back against his shoulder. 

"Your favorite what?" I barely even register that I'm speaking, too caught up in the amazing sensations of my husband. 

"My favorite you," He kisses my neck one more time before letting me go. I turn my head and press my lips to his, moving gently in rhythm. Remus smiles as much as he can without breaking away from me, twining one of his hands into my hair. 

We break away after a few moments, resting our foreheads together. 

"When did it all get so complicated?" I ask to no one in particular. I know the question has been floating around in all of our minds since we left Hogwarts. Since we were forced to grow up too quickly.