Recordings

Remus
Sirius
~Remus POV~

"Hey Harry, when you're sad,  just listen to this.  Maybe we can make you feel a bit better" I start. 

"Yeah,  I'm a gryffindor.  I'm supposed to be brave.  But from being in gryffindor all these years, courage is not recklessness and carelessness.  You're aloud to be sad every once in a while.  Courage is being able to get out of that depression and back to being happy."

"Hey Prongslet,  I've had some pretty messed up shit happen to me ( watch your mouth!)  Sorry, Love. Anyway,  I come from an abusive family,  my two best friends died and now I have to take care of you,  not that I don't love you with all of my heart.  I just don't know how to be a parent.  Remus is helping though and we can get through this together.

"When you're sad,  don't give in to the depression.  Sure,  you're a sad unicorn now,  but maybe our rambling will help you be a happy unicorn again."

"You're aloud to cry.  Punch a wall or something.  Let all of those emotions out.  They are nothing to be ashamed of Harry.  I've been through a lot of ups and downs in my life.  But the best years are the years I spent at hogwarts,  and the years spent with my Husband and you, my pup. So don't be afraid to come to us or watch these tapes when you're sad.  Because we won't judge you.  Don't ever think that we don't love you,  because we love you more than anything in the world."

"I'm going to close this out by saying,  Harry.  I love you.  Sirius loves you.  We would do anything for you.  You are our cub,  it's what your parents wanted.  You mean the world to us Harry James Potter,  and don't you ever forget it."

"Off" We chorus together.  Right after I put the tape into the box with the other one named 'when you're angry'.  We're planning on making these for him as he grows up. 

I hear a baby crying,  Harry must've just woke up from his nap.  I jog to his room,  Sirius not far behind.  I pick the baby boy and cradle him to my chest,  humming 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight'. I sway from side to side slowly. Eventually he calms down and change his diaper. I set him on my hip,  taking the baby boy downstairs for a bottle. I find Sirius sitting in the counter,  a bottle next to him.  I walk to to him,  pecking him on the lips. 

"I love you"

"Love you too Moonshine" I position Harry so I can  give him the bottle. He takes it willingly and I sway from side to side again.  Once he finishes the bottle I burp him and walk into the living room,  setting him down in his playpen.  I sit on the couch,  watching the small boy play.  Sirius walk in and sits on my lap. I kiss his cheek and put my arms around his waist peotectively.  He snuggles back into me, making me smile.

"We are so inexperienced its crazy" I whisper

"But we'll make it through,  as long as I'm with you. I know  everything is going to be okay" Sirius replys. I lay my head on top of his.

"How do you always know just what to say?"

"Because I know you like the back of my hand"

"True enough" Sirius climbs off of me and walks to the playpen,  where Harry his half asleep already,  cuddleing a small stuffed lion.  Sirius coos at him,  picking him up carefully. 

~Sirius POV~

I pick up the baby,carefully setting him on my hip. kissing his forehead softly, I carry him upstairs. I walk into the room with a red HP on it. Humming 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight',  I lay him down in his crib.  After giving him his lion,I walk out of the room,  closing the door part way.

I walk back down the stairs,  skipping the ones that creak more than others. What I find downstairs makes me smile.  Remus is laying in the couch,  a book in his lap.  I walk to him and lay down behind his legs.  He puts one arm around me and I snuggle close to him. 

"I love you" I murmur

"I live you too honey"

"Forever?"

"Always"

I know its short but I thought it was adorable.  I got the idea from another one shot but I changed it and made it my own.