Reunited

~3rd person POV~
Sirius Black has been in Azkaban for 12 years. Remus Lupin, his fiance, is all alone.

Sirius plans to escape Azkaban, in his form of a dog.

Remus is not expecting it, and still believes that his long lost love is a murderer.

~Sirius POV~
Today is the day, the day I'm getting out of here. I'm going back to Remus. I'm going to get my name cleared. This day will change my whole life back around.

It's midnight, I can tell from a clock on a wall. The dementors don't patrol here until 3 am.

I change into my animagus, Padfoot, and slip through the bars of my cell. Everyone else is asleep, and that makes for an easy escape. Now to just swim to the beach.

~Remus POV~
Today would be our fourteenth anniversary... He's a murderer and I still can't get his big, warm, loving, grey eyes out of my head. I see something moving in the water, something black. Probably a log.

~Sirius POV~
I see the beach! I did it!

Just a few more.. Strokes. There! I made it! I can feel the sand between my toes! I'm happy!.. I'm excited!.. I'm collapsing. I hear footsteps walking towards me.

~Remus POV~
That's not a log. That's an animal. A dog.

The dog washes up on shore, a big, black dog. Padfoot? Is my first thought. I shake off the thought, walking towards the beaten down creature. I sit down next to it, petting it's head. He, as I have found out. I pet behind his ear, and he whines. I look down at the dog, confused. That is the exact noise Sirius would make if he was saying more. I pet behind his ear again and he nuzzles my hand, regaining some strength.

"Are you alright, little guy?" I murmur, my hand gliding across his back. I bring my hand back up to his face and he licks the top of it. Yes. This is completely baffling.

"Padfoot?" I whisper, barely audible. I lay down next to the dog, gazing at the stars. He scoots up so he is curled into my side, his head resting on my chest. The dog leans up and licks my cheek. Moony.

"Holy shit, Sirius" I whisper, tears accumulating in my eyes. He lays his head against my throat, licking there. Happy anniversary. Tears spill out of eyes and onto my cheeks.

"Happy anniversary Padfoot" I whisper. I'm so caught up in the moment that I'm not even mad at him, I'm just glad he's home. He whines and lays his head against my stomach. I'm sorry.

I pat between his ears. "We'll talk about that later, I'm just glad you're home. I still love you padfoot, I hate that I do but I cant get your beautiful big eyes out of my head" Padfoot licks my lip then my cheek. I love you, moony.

"What're we gonna do now pads? You're a damn murmurer. I should be furious with you" Sirius hides his nose in my side, nuzzling there. No.

"Then explain to me what happened, because I'm completely baffled." He hides his nose in my shoulder this time, whining softly. Scared.

I pet his back. " Don't worry, I got you. no matter how much I should be hate you, I don't. and will never" I whisper. Padfoot nuzzles my neck one more time before crawling off of me. He stands next to me, then sneezes. The place where padfoot just lay, lays my fiance, Sirius Black. I crawl over to him, pushing his hair out of his face. His eyes are still the dreamy grey that they were when he left. I can tell he needs some food, maybe I should take him to Molly...

"Hey moony" Sirius whispers in his velvety voice.

"Hey, padfoot. Now explain yourself, I don't really like being in love with a murderer"