Hope Lyra

~Sirius POV~

9 months ago,  Remus and I got a surrogate mother to have our child.  Right now,  said mother is in labor  and I'm in the waiting room.  Biting my nails and slightly freaking out. Remus is with her,  only one of us were aloud in there so I let him go.

After a while, a bed is rolled out of the room,  most likely our baby's mother. A nurse comes out and calls my name.  "Sirius Lupin?" I stand up immediately.  "That's me"

"You can come in now" She says softly. I walk into the room to see Remus holding a little pink bundle in his arms. I walk up to him quietly and put my arms around his hips.

"She has your brown eyes moony" I say softly.

"And your black hair" Remus says

"What should we name her?" I ask

"I dunno"

"You get first name and I have the middle name" I say

"Hope" Remus whispers

"Lyra" I whisper

"Perfect" We both say.  I kiss his cheek.

Remus sits down on a chair and I sit next to him. He hands me Hope and I look into her eyes. She may be a baby but I can see intelligence and life in them. She yawns and I coo at her.  I slip my index finger into her hand and she quickly falls asleep.  I lay my head on remus' shoulder and let out a breath I didn't know I'd been holding.

"You're gonna be an amazing dad" Remus whispers in my ear.  I smile and nuzzle his shoulder.

"You too,  you'll be there to keep me in check" I chuckle. Remus lays his head on top of mind and kisses my forehead. I carefully shift the little pink bundle in my arms so I can hold my husbands hand.

"I love you" He whispers

"I love you too Re" I look down at our new baby girl and smile.

"This is perfect" I whisper

"So perfect,  my two favorite people in the world" Remus whispers.

~~a few days after they go home~~

~Remus POV~

I wake up to Hope screaming.  I look down to see Sirius already awake.  We both get up and rush out of the room. I get there first and cradle the baby girl in my arms.  Her screams eventually become soft cries. Sirius walk up to us and wipes a tear off of her cheek.  I sway side so side slowly. 

"Expecto Patronum" Sirius whispers. A big dog come out of his wand and starts dancing around the room.  Hope giggles and coos. After a bit she yaws and falls asleep. I kiss her forehead and lay her back down.  I grab sirius' hand and look at him. 

"Good idea" I whisper.  We walk out of Hope's room and back into ours.  Neither of us can go back to sleep so we start talking.

"Hope was your mom's name wasn't it?" Sirius asks me.  I nod my head

"And Lyra is a constellation,  following your family's traditions huh?" Sirius nods his head.

"And it's pretty"  Sirius shrugs. He rolls over and buries his head in my chest. I kiss his forehead and put one of my arms around his waist.  He snakes both of his arms around my hips protectiely.  I intestine our legs and lay my head on top of his. 

"I love you Sirius" I whisper

"I love you too moonshine"

"Forever?"

"Always"

After a while of silence,  soft snores start erupting from Sirius.  I chuckle quietly and lay my head on top of his.  We may both be 23 years old but I think raising Hope Lyra Lupin is going to be our next adventure.

Sorry it's short,  I'm super stressed because of these important tests and I'm planning on updating one more time tonight to make up for this short one.