Without You

~Sirius POV~
"Remus are you kidding me! No!" I yell from my spot on the couch. Remus sits beside me.

"Sirius, baby I have to" Remus says back, calmly. I bring my knees to my chest. A four year old boy by the name of Harry Potter comes running into the room. He lightly tugs at my arm.

"Dada? Wha's wrong?" Harry asks. I scoop the little boy up into my arms and stand up.

"Nothing, puppy, I'm okay" I murmur, kissing the boy's forehead. I settle him so he's sitting on my hip. Harry yawns and lays his head on my shoulder.

"Let's get you to bed, buddy" I whisper, walking upstairs. I lay the small boy in his bed, tucking the covers around him. I pet his bangs out of his eyes and kiss his forehead, after taking his glasses off.

"I love you, little one"

"I love you too, Dada" Harry murmurs, grabbing his stuffed lion and curling into a ball. I place his glasses on the nightstand and walk out of the room, closing the door halfway behind me.

When I get back to the living room I find Remus exactly where he was, his head resting on his hand, leaning against the arm of the chair. I sit on the other side of the couch, putting my elbows on my knees and resting my head in my palms.

"I can't raise that little boy myself, Remus" I whisper after a few minutes of silence.

"I'll be okay, sweetie" Remus murmurs, shifting closer to me.

"I don't know if I can go that long without you, Re. We're never that far apart"

*freeze frame*
Okay, let me explain this little ordeal. Album Dumbledore decided to be a homewrecker and ask Remus to go on a mission. Underground, with other werewolves. He wants to recruit the werewolves, save them from the-who-must-not-be-laid. I'm scared that when Remus starts talking about the order, that the werewolves with attack him, potentially kill him. It's a three month mission. We're arguing about if he's going to go or not.

*unfreeze*

Remus shifts even closer to me and lays a hesitant arm over my back. I lean into him slightly.

"I know Siri, but I'll be okay. I'm fighting for the good here" Remus whispers, rubbing my back in a soothing way that only he can. I finally look up from my feet, my eyes filled with unshed tears and there are tracks down my cheeks.

"What about your family, Re? We need you" I whisper shakily, tears falling down my cheeks. Remus wipes the tears with his thumbs.

"Don't cry Sirius, please don't cry. It's not that long baby. I'll be back before you can even miss me" Remus pulls me into him. I rest my head against his chest, letting my tears flow freely. Remus rubs my back, kissing the top of my head.

"Shh, sh, it's okay. I'm gonna be okay Siri" Remus murmurs. I move closer to Remus, curling up in a ball in his arms.

"When do you leave again?" I ask, my voice broken.

"Tuesday" Remus murmurs, pulling me all the way into his lap. Thats only two days from now. I curl up further in my husband's arms, breathing in his calming scent.

"I love you. I love you so damn much and I swear Remus Lupin you better come back to me after those three months" I mumble, burying my head in his neck.

"I promise honey, I'll always come back to you" Remus whispers, rubbing my side.

"Now how in the fuck are we going to tell Har?" I ask, looking up.

"I don't know Sirius, but he'll understand"

"He's four, Re"

"I know, but he'll understand" Remus says. I look into his eyes. They are their usually honey golden brown, tears brimming in them. A tear rolls down his cheek and I wipe it away.