Never Heard Again

Once upon a time, there was a girl, like no other. Tall, dark complexion, and dark violet eyes from her father's side. Her name was Adida, goddess of love and fortune, in the kingdom of Valaria. Now this is no ordinary fairytale. In fact you could barely call it a fairytale. It's a fable, it has a moral. You may think fables never happened, but ask anybody that's lost a loved one that fables might as well be real. Morals often include sacrifice, death, and unhappiness. But it also includes rejoice, glass slippers and sometimes that happily ever after. Sometimes.

Adida's father, Matthew, ruler of Valaria, is fairly strict. Has been ever since her mother's death. Her mother, Rosafina, goddess of the moon and the stars. She was a beautiful woman with mesmerizing, sapphire eyes. As kind-hearted as anyone in the kingdom.

Adida was told her mother died while giving birth. She lost too much blood. Too much. Somehow she knew. Maybe it was the way the doctors reacted when she asked a question, or an offer that was gladly obliged. Who knows, but Rosafina knew she was destined for death. The fact that Rosafina would be looking over them, taking care of them.

Of course, Sarina seeks this as fake information. She remembers the soft caress of a loved one, someone very close to Sarina. Telling this to her nanny, Luna, she tensed and then relaxed again.

"Luna?" Adida questioned. "IS my mother alive?"

"Do you miss your mother?"Luna asked

"You didn't answer my question." Adida bluntly replied.

"Do you?"

"Of course, there's never a day where I don't think about my mother."She relentlessly continued. "But what I remember the most was the lullaby. The one I used to cry myself to sleep when I was eleven.

The soft steps of Luna's heels, a comforting but lonely sound. The sound of abandonment. The sound of defeat. Adida had opened up, something se rarely did. Maybe it was because she didn't have any friends. Of maybe the fact that her father never let her out of the house.

She lay herself gently on her bed. With the thought of her mother's lullaby fresh in her mind, Adida quietly lulled herself to sleep.

This is kind of like a prologue. Please comment, rate, vote, and please become my fan!