Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Hayley.

I was walking home, by myself. George forgot, again. Just like he did everyday. I was scared to go home, scared because I was able to think, think about my actions, or future ones. I might think about killing George.

Cora.

We talked and talked, it was wonderful, talking. It was just like writing, but instead of scribbling everything down, I was able to say it out loud, so everyone could hear. I felt like nothing could hurt me, but I knew at the end of the day, like everyday, I'd have to go back to the orphanage. The orphanage that might kick me out because of my age.

He was walking, strutting along, alone. I knew who he was, everyone did. Miya told me his name was Bryce. Bryce Peterson. Captain of the football team, and adored by every girl. Except me. It's always except me.

I could see it already, his gigantic ego. The satisfied smirk on his face. He was a player, at least that's what Miya told me.

Zach.

We walked home, saying nothing. That's something I loved about her, Leslie. We were already so comfortable with each other. We could communicate without talking.

We got to the forest, with it's seering branches. I started to walk towards it, but Leslie grabbed my arm. She didn't want me to go. I just shook her hand away and continued walking,

I was scared, scared that I might be able to talk, and tell her everything. Or accidently bring her into our world.

Cora.

He tried talking to me, I didn't say anything. He put his arm around my shoulder, I shook it off. He scared me, his eyes were golden and blazing. I knew he was stronger, stronger than me.

I told him, "No."

He backed off, I'm not sure why, and he ran. I turned around, and there he was. Leader. I was glued to the spot, and already I was crying. He had come back. back for us.

Hayley.

He was there, with George. They knew. I ran out the door, but he grabbed me and pulled me back. Leader pulled my head back and threw me against the wall.

Not again. I won't go. I got my freedom, and it's going to stay that way. I punched him and kicked him, made him bleed. When George tried to stop me, I hit him, too.

I had to go to Cora. She'd know what to do, she always knew what to do. And I would have to tell Zach, warn him. I ran out again, and didn't stop, not until I got to the forest.

Zach.

She came running, Hayley. She was covered in blood. She had killed George. Her eyes were terrified. Something was wrong,

Leader, he was back. Cora, she was at the orphanage. I dragged her all the way to the orphanage. She wasn't there. Apparently she hadn't even arrived today. He already got her.

I ran back to George's house, on the way I saw Leslie and her friends. She saw me, and yelled. She was scared, she saw Hayley covered in blood. I stopped, and then continued to run. I heard her calling after me, and it hurt. Hurt my heart.

Cora.

He had paralysed me. Then he took me back too his car, and dragged me in. He slammed my head against the side, twice. He drove, and drove, then he stopped. Stopped in front of George's house. He was going to get Hayley. I wanted to yell, to warn her, but I was getting dizzy, and darkness was flowing in. Hayley.