Chapter Three

Chapter Three

She reminded me of mysef, lost. She was scary, though. And dangerous. She inched away, a terrified look in her eyes. Eyes that had no pupils. She looked dead.

"Stay away from me! No!" She screamed, cowering in the corner of the alley.

The funny thing was, we hadn't moved at all. She was crazy, delusional. I thought about running, but she had a gun. I thought about trying to help her, but she had a gun. I thought about everything I could've done to get out of this situation, and they all ended with the gun.

"It's okay. Who hurt you?" Cain whispered, just loudly enough so she could hear. I knew what he was trying to do. Get all the important information first.

She just tried to back away farther, pointing the gun directly at Cain. I was scared, even more scared than I had been when my stepdad was alive. She would kill us because she was just as scared as I was. Scared.

"Please let us help you. Drop the gun."

She started crying, and yelling," I hate you!" She looked like she was going to drop the gun, but then she pointed it at herself. At her heart.

"Tell John, I hate him." She said, right before she pulled the trigger. Releasing a ringing sound that magnified across the alley walls.

Cain and I, we just stood there. I sat down, but Cain rushed off to help her.

I think he yelled at me to help him, or something like that, but I wasn't listening. I was thinking about how stupid I was to kill my stepdad. I would've been safer with him, than with her.

Cain snatched my arm, and brought me to my feet.

"What are you doing? We have to get her to a hospital!"

I just stared at him, then started laughing like an idiot.

"You actually think she lived? She shot her HEART!"

"There's still hope! There was a guy who shot his own heart, and he LIVED!"

"There's never any hope!" I spat at him. Why couldn't he understand?

"You know what? I don't care! Do whatever you want!" Cain yelled dragging the woman.

"FIne!" I said, as I walked off in the opposite direction.

FIne.