x || victor • hot springs

« victor x reader lemon »

"YOU MAKE SKATING look so easy," you frowned, letting out an exasperated sigh as you sat down on one of the benches outside of the skating rink. When Victor arrived at Hasetsu with you to coach Yūuri, your boyfriend immediately saw it as an opportunity to spend more time with each other by teaching you how to skate aside from training. You thought it was a breeze since he does it so effortlessly, and that it was going to be a blast, but ironically, your situation right now was the last thing you'd label as fun.

"You're doing good, love," he said with a sympathetic smile, shuffling towards you with long strides. "Everyone starts from somewhere."

"You should be training with Yūuri," you pouted, "not with me!"

Your boyfriend let out a soft laugh, shaking his head gently. "It's fine. Yūuri needs a break — and we haven't been spending much time together, are we? Now's a good time."

He extended a hand towards your direction. "Come on, (Y/N)," he insisted.

"Let's try again. I'll make you any promise if you do,"

Well, to be fair, you've been making him do a lot of stuff since you arrived in Hasetsu. You didn't know how to speak Japanese, so you brought him along wherever you went (with his consent, of course), and he would talk for your sake, whether it was ordering in a ramen shop, or being interviewed by fans of Victor who didn't waste the opportunity to meet their idol's girlfriend.

Your nagging conscience got the best of you, deciding that trying for what seemed like the 46th time couldn't possibly hurt. After all, your boyfriend has been oddly patient with you despite your awful attempts to follow his instructions. It seemed right to repay his kindness by giving the sport he's most passionate about a try.

You sighed, tugging your lips into a small smile of disbelief. You took his hand and motioned towards the ice, shuffling with Victor side-by-side as he aided you in gaining your balance.

You held onto his hand tightly. Although you knew that your boyfriend would never let you slip, your trust issues with these kind of things never faltered. The sound of your skis sliding against the ice fill the cold silence of the skating arena. There were nobody else aside you and your boyfriend since the owners limited the access to the figure skaters visiting Hasetsu temporarily. It was a good decision, honestly. You didn't know what you would do if people found out how terrible you were on ice despite your boyfriend being a skating legend.

"Alright," Victor says after a moment of silence. "Here comes the spin, love. Think you can give it a go?"

You could feel your heart drop. Taking a loud gulp, you did your best to ignore the insane urge to throw up, and nodded.

"I-I'll try, Vic," you replied, looking at him nervously. You were sure you looked as pale as a corpse, but that wasn't important right now — trying for Victor's sake is. "Just please don't let me fall."

Victor smiled. "I won't,"

Your momentum was perfect, you could feel it. It was enough to send you flying across the layers of ice, just like what the figure skaters do when they perform. You jumped, and tried to remember every single thing your boyfriend taught you when doing jumps.

You were about to land back on the ice from that decent stunt you pulled off, and lost balance. Adrenaline began to kick in your system, and the first thing that crossed your mind was to grab a hold of something, in hopes to salvage whatever was left before you fell and save yourself from the cold pain the fall was ready to give.