√ || tomioka ● vending machine

giyuu tomioka x reader

anime | kimetsu no yaiba

   TOMIOKA'S STARE WAS the type that made me feel hot and conscious. Feeling his eyes on me created uneasiness, blooming from the pits of my stomach and flowering inside of my brain like some sort of virus that had control over the mind. I start to wonder how my hair looks like; is it still okay? Do I have a strand in my mouth? I feel like I have something on my face. All those tiny, irrelevant stuff you barely have to think about on a regular day shrouded my mind like a big cumulonimbus cloud.

I turn my back on him and focused inserting coins inside the vending machine not too far from the dormitory I stayed in. His stare was too much. I'm a college student, and having one nearby eased many nights of me just staring blankly at the ceiling until I eventually fall asleep a few hours before a class. Drinking something seemed to do the trick better than sleeping pills.

I hear the coins clink inside of the machine. Clink. Clink. Clink. I look at Tomioka from the side of my eye. "What do you want?"

"The pink one." He replied, pointing towards the cartons of strawberry milk lined up perfectly straight inside.

I do the honors of getting it out once it got stuck, smashing the blurry, scratched display until it falls all the way down. Tomioka bends over to grab the two cartons of milk, gives one to me, and pokes the straw inside too harshly. Some of it spills on his uniform, but he just wipes it away with a single flick of the back of his hand.

I glance over to him, waiting for the lad to emit any response. "Taste good?" I ask, smiling.

He nods. "This is better than the regular one."

Tomioka Giyuu came from a distant era in Japan. He tells me he kills demons, which I'm still quite skeptical about, and saves people from them. It's funny, because in all my years of school, I've never come across a topic in History class about his time. I never heard the terms Demon Slaying Corps, or what a  'Hashira' is—or if demons even existed in history for that matter. What I do know, was that all his life, he was striving to fight. For peace? To drive the demons away? I don't know, but he makes it sound intense. His life revolved around violence and war, making almost no space for anything else life had to offer other than that.

Why and how he came here in the 21st century, I don't have a clue on. One night he just came up to me and asked if he could have anything to drink, and I went ahead and bought him one from the vending machine.  I mean, I didn't know who this guy was and he seemed pretty thirsty. I thought he was a cosplayer at first, but he looked so disheveled and panicked. I'm guessing he got fascinated by it, and we'd hang out on most nights, drinking.

"(L/N) (Y/N)," Giyuu calls out of the blue, making me flinch a little. I hated it when he called my name. It sounded so smooth, rolling off his tongue so bluntly. I wish he'd refer to me as 'girl/boy' instead of that. I became all heat and sighs around him. I don't like it. It makes my heart feel weird.

"What?"

"Have you ever wished for a moment to never end?"

I sighed. Of course. I wished for it too many times for too many moments in my life. But life doesn't like giving any exceptions. You follow the rules it has, and almost all of it are unfair. "Yeah."

And then he stays quiet, sipping on his drink while continuing to stare everywhere, including me. The silence is comfortable. We stay still, pondering on our own thoughts inside of our head, waiting for something else to happen. Something more interesting to talk about rather than some random topic, but I'm sure neither of us wanted that right now. Sometimes talking can get a little... tiring.

"I want this moment to last for a very long time," he says, throwing the empty carton inside of a bin next to the machine. Hearing him say that quickens the beating of my poor heart. I bite down on my straw, still not daring to look at him, even if it was just for a split second. I'm afraid the flower inside of my head will bloom further.

"Even though nothing much happens. Even though it's quiet and there's nothing to celebrate about. Perhaps you, (L/N) (Y/N), are a special person."

My face suddenly feels warm. Ah shit. Play cool, play cool. "Really, huh?"

"Yes, in many ways, except for one."

"What is it?"

He casts his eyes to the ground. "For some reason, I don't know," replied Tomioka, his brows furrowing even more and looked slightly annoyed. As if he was trying to comprehend something that was out of his reach. "I feel frustrated. I feel something strong inside of me and I'm certain it's about you."

"Huh," I slip a hand inside the pockets of my hoodie, fumbling the loose change with my fingers. "I think those are feelings. Not a specific one, but just feelings in general. Appreciation of the strawberry milk, maybe? The regular stuff. Y'know, just like a normal person."

"It's strange, because whenever I stare at you, there's an ache I feel here—" he places a hand over his chest, "—growing stronger and stronger with each night we pass time drink together. It's almost bothersome to my responsibilities, but I still go here every time so I could have another drink with you. I'm afraid I'm becoming weak."

I smiled at his statement. He looks so strong and cold, as if he's been through everything in life. But in reality he doesn't have a clue on what feelings were, maybe even the little things in life, like having a pleasant drink on a nice day, or having good moments with friends—if he even has any. It's sort of amusing—almost cute in a way. "You're not becoming weak, Tomioka-kun,"

"That's just part of being human."

I hear him let out a deep sigh, the kind that you make when you think too much. "Being a human is complex."

I don't know why, but I laugh. Maybe I just needed to hear that from someone after another hectic week, knowing that the next will be the same as the last.

"You can say that again."

[ a/n ; hellooo

alright, this time it may be working lmao. okay folks i have updated a few times now, and i certainly feel much better, but i swear i still suck. u can clearly tell i'm still struggling to get back LMAO but yeah hoping i'll return to the old crackhead uka-chan :> stay tuned. ]

p.s. if u want u can follow me on ig (i don't rlly post there but eh i update my stories a lot) and witness how boring my life is arigathanks in advance

ig: @tobioboke