x || sebastian • paintings of you

« sebastian x dominant reader lemon »

[ important a/n at the end! don't worry i'm not quitting lololol ]

SEBASTIAN MICHAELIS WAS a neighbor of mine who moved recently inside of the village I lived in. His arrival wasn't anything fancy, in fact, he unloaded all of his things from his car and onto his porch as quiet as a mouse. I think he was trying to be discreet about it, but he did pique my interest from then on.

His attempts to be gone unnoticed eventually failed. We ran into each other one morning in my local grocery store and I didn't hesitate to make a move. I upped for some small, friendly talk, which ended up to a long conversation, and before we both knew it, we were hanging out on weekends at an all-day convenience store down the road.

"I'm actually an artist," I could remember him say as his ears were slowly turning pink. "I don't bring much when I move except for my easel and canvases. Not to mention paint and aprons, and - yeah, you get the point."

I chuckled. "That's actually really cool. How long have you been doing art?"

"Oh, for as long as I can remember." He replied. "Do you wanna see some of it? I figured now would be a good time to start showcasing my art and all, and it'd be nice if you were the first one around here to see it."

A smile crept up to my lips. "I'm free this Saturday. Just give me a call, okay?"

***

"... and over here, is when I traveled to Barcelona with my friend. I could still remember how I worked on this nonstop, and we almost missed our flight back here. It was crazy," he walked over to another canvas, and began to tell a different story.

My mind didn't stay focused for long. There was so much to look at I didn't know where to start. The wind was strong today, and all of his windows were wide open. It rushed inside all at once with the force of a fire extinguisher.

I closed my eyes and waited for the strong rush to calm down. When I finally opened my eyes, a door was wide open, like it was signaling me to come inside.

"(Y/N)?" Sebastian called with slightly knitted brows. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, yeah. What were you saying again?"

Sebastian goes back to where he left off his story, and I go back to where I was looking at - the door. I look back at him, he was so engrossed in telling his story I doubt he'd notice me check it out. So I slowly crept towards it, and let the darkness of the room swallow me.

I pull out my phone and shine the light emitting from it around the room. It was filled with even more canvases, arranged and stacked neatly on top of each other like bricks. I grab one of them, and struggled to see what was on it.

It was a picture of a girl inside of the convenience store we always hung out. It took me a few seconds to actually recognize it as me, since I looked a lot prettier than what I actually looked like. I couldn't help but smile that he sees me this way, and not how I do.

I skimmed over the other ones, (which was unfortunately, more paintings of me) until there was one canvas left. It was smaller and lightweight, and the colors were a lot more vibrant than usual.