√ || livius • stop being so hyper you sick woman

« livius x reader »

[ modern au ]

LIVIUS LET OUT a heavy sigh as he stared down at you with a small frown. He bore a posture similar to a father waiting for his daughter to show up at the doorstep in the middle of the night.

"Don't give me that look," he said, sighing as he averted his gaze from your face.

"I'm not giving any looks," you replied.

"Honestly," he began, his tone irritated. "You being sick and coming here is such a pain. I mean, I have to take care of you! Whoever would've thought I, Livius, would take care of anyone sick?" He ranted, but bore nothing more than a sigh of defeat.

Livius walked towards his dresser and pulled out a spare packet of tea, and tipped it towards an empty porcelain cup.

Steam erupted as he casually poured in hot water, and stirred it gingerly, careful not to spill. He walked towards you, handing over the cup of tea he had prepared.

"Thanks," you mumble, blowing the steam off before you took a small sip.

Silence reigned. Livius continued to look at you and your sorry state as you tried to keep yourself warm.

It was quite the surprise when you came knocking on Livius's door in the middle of the night, and he was definitely not happy to see you standing on his doorway with such a goofy smile.

"Thanks for letting me stay, by the way," you said to the lad, who was now busy scribbling on his notebook on his study desk.

He looked at you from the corner of his eye, but was quick to look back to what he was doing.

"It's nothing."

Livius is an expert when it came to seeming like he didn't care about someone. You knew him too well that you could already see how much you really meant to him whenever he starts to act that way.

It was getting hella boring, so you stood up and wrapped your arms across his shoulders, pressing your stomach against his back so you could feel the warmth of his body.

"H-Hey!" He snapped, clearly caught off guard. "Get off..."

"But you feel so waaaarm," you said, chuckling as you nuzzled your face across his soft hair.

"Your hair smells good." You blurted out after a moment of silence.

The lad stood up, and looked at you with a frown. "Will you please stop?" He snapped.

You sank down to your knees, shooting him your puppy eyes. "What? Why?"

"Because it's - it's annoying! And cute," he replied, a look of panic appearing on his face afterwards as his words started to sink in.

"No wait, just annoying! Plain annoying! Stop being so hyper you sick woman."

"A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G," you spelled out, looking at him with a face faking curiosity. "Did I spell that right?"

It felt like as if somebody broke a glass bottle. The whole room was silent, and cold, just like the look your friend was giving you.