√ || claude • what if i told you i love you? [1/2]

« claude x HCM diagnosed reader »

THE WARM, GENTLE rays of sunlight broke through the windows of your apartment as early as 7 in the morning. You sighed, peeling off your fluffy blankets enveloping your body. It was a mistake to leave the curtains open last night, as the light of the early sun forced you to wake up and start the day.

You woke up in a cheerful mood, mostly because it was Friday, and you already couldn't wait to plop back to bed and spend some alone time with yourself along with some Netflix and (F/F).

Your shift starts at nine in the morning in a coffee shop not too far from the place you lived in. You wished you could sleep longer, but seeing that you already woke up meant that you couldn't go back to bed anymore.

You made a beeline for the kitchen and pulled out your favorite mug. (Coffee/Tea) was probably the only thing that would complete your mornings everyday, as it miraculously blesses you with good social skills when you go to work. Not to mention it makes your tummy all warm and fuzzy after a long, cold night.

You step outside your apartment and took in a lungful of fresh, morning air. Your eyes skimmed over the all-too familiar buildings just across the apartment complex you were living in, having to see the same, old faces craning their necks out from windows, trying to take a little peek inside the next door's apartment as if they were looking for something to gossip on among themselves. This lively little scenery was what you called home.

"I see you woke up early today," a voice said from behind. "Any special reason?"

You turn around and smiled, coming face-to-face with one of your good friends in this apartment complex, Claude. He lived just a couple of doors away, meaning that you encounter him on a daily basis — which, you didn't mind at all.

"Not really. Though I wish I could go back to sleep." You replied, heaving out a small sigh as you began to yearn for your soft bed silently.

A chuckle left his thin lips, causing your cheeks to turn a light shade of pink. It always caught you off guard when he does that, and it was hard to be subtle about it.

You fancied him, alright. Despite his pretty cold personality, he was actually fun to be with. At first, you thought he'd be that rude, grumpy neighbor no one really talks to, but he was quite the opposite when it came to you.

"Your shift starts at nine, right?" Claude asked, adjusting his glasses to place as he walked next to you. "Do you want to grab a couple of pancakes before you head on to work?"

Your heart fluttered inside your ribcage — the way his words rolled smoothly out of his tongue was silvery; not to mention he was asking if you'd like to accompany him for some food made butterflies swarm around your stomach.

That sounds like he's asking you on a—

"Sure, why not?" You agreed, taking a long, satisfying sip from your mug afterwards.

After that, silence reigned between the two of you, leaving you and your tall companion in your own thoughts. There was something comforting about the soft murmurs of neighbors going on about their lives outside of their apartments, accompanying the merry chirps of birds perched on window sills, singing along a vintage radio that always plays soft, haunting songs during the early mornings of weekends. 

Claude stood next to you silently. He seemed to enjoy the surroundings as much as you did, as a rare smile was enough evidence for you to see it. Everything he does makes your heart go crazy; even if it was as subtle as a glance towards your direction, or a simple greet in the morning when you're about to head to work. In all honesty, he makes you feel like a high-school girl in love once again.