√ || melodias ● wife to stranger

{ husband melodias x wife reader angst }

[ warning ; this oneshot contains mentions of physical and verbal abuse, and as well as the topic of rape. read at your own risk. ]

DIVORCE PAPERS WERE strewn across the floor of your shared bedroom with your husband. Soon to be ex-husband, that is. Melodias's explosive temper was spiraling out of control despite coming home to such a beautiful wife every night. You simply couldn't put up with it anymore. The pain in your heart worsened day by day, and it was getting harder to breathe through the weight of your marriage. You never wanted this to happen. You just wanted a happy life with him.

"What's all these?" The blonde male questioned his wife angrily. He grabbed a piece next to his shoe and crumpled it in his hands, and stepped even further to hurl it towards you as if it'd help. "Throw all this shit away. Right now."

"No," you retorted, kneeling down to pick them all up before the rest of them got destroyed, too. "I'll never throw these away. I'll get away from you, far away, where I can raise our child properly—" you looked at him with a small frown, "—and they won't ever get hurt by you."

At the mention of the word 'child' was when Melodias lost it. Yelling out a cry of anger, he grabbed a fistful of your hair and brought you to your feet. He yanked you closer to him. "That is not our child," he corrected, "that is the child of you and another man. Don't you dare call that my child, you dirty slut of a wife!"

His words stung, but you had to strengthen your resolve. Didn't he understand your side of the story? It was not your fault. You never wanted to be taken advantage of your boss at work—no one did. Why can't Melodias see that? It's not so hard to understand, is it? No matter how hard you try to heal yourself from the shame brought upon you, it always wounded you in the end in some way or another. Maybe through remembering the wicked face of your superior as he destroyed your life before your eyes, maybe through the blame your husband always puts on you.

"Do you really think I wanted that to happen, Melodias?" You snapped through the sting of tears. Your fists clenched into a tight ball in frustration. "If I only saw what would happen to me in his office then I would've found a way to avoid it. I'm not a slut, I'm your wife. I'm your wife that you always hurt and blame for something she did not want to happen to her. But wait—" you held a finger in the air and paused for effect, "—you never listen! Oh, why am I even bothering to tell you these 'shit'?"

Your husband's face turned into a bright shade of red, infuriated by your words. Raising a hand up in the air, he was motioning for a hard slap. Fear struck upon you realizing this, and you squirm out of his grasp on your hair. You weren't a good puncher to begin with, but it's all you can do at the moment. Ducking low enough, you countered his abusive, yet daily attack, and landed a punch on his stomach, sending him tumbling down to the ground in surprise.

Thud. It was the sound of his body falling against the wooden floors.

"That's it," you panted, looking down on him with a cold stare. "I've had enough. You and your bullshit can go to hell. I'm leaving, and you are not going to get in my way. Just go ahead and dare to lay even a single fucking finger on me, and I will call the cops, and file you a case for domestic abuse. Try it, I dare you, Melodias."

He didn't lay a finger on you, nor even try and change your mind. He just sat on one of the dining chairs, staring straight into his hands with a dead expression as he heard you pack your bags upstairs. It pained you to see him like this as a wife, but you were tired of being put to shame. You had a child to raise, and a new life to start. A new life without your husband. You needed strength, and time to heal yourself of your wounds that deepened. You needed to be far away from Melodias.

Multiple suitcases and bags were lined up at the doorway leading to the outside, and your husband hasn't moved a single muscle. He remained silent and blank and unmoving, like a mannequin in a clothes shop. Perhaps he was now contemplating your his marriage, too. Perhaps he was now realizing his mistake, but even if he did, it was too late to try and fix things. He had managed to cut the last string inside of you out of a thousand.

"This is goodbye, Melodias. And I'll say this one last time as your wife. In a few months we'll be nothing more than strangers, so I needed to tell you something before I leave,"

It was only then when his eyes moved. He glanced over to your direction, listening.

Somehow, you managed to smile despite the storm inside your head. Maybe it was because you still loved him, you weren't sure. Where it came from, it doesn't matter now, does it? Opening your mouth, you said, "I love you. Take care, okay?"

He never forgot those words you spoke to him that day, and never will. It was only then when he realized how fast a blessing slipped from his hands. Before he could grab it, it was long gone. Just like you, who was now a stranger, but once a wife.

[ a/n ; holy crap i'm on a rOLLLL

aight, ladies and gentlemen, this is three requested oneshot in a row and i sorrie for bragging but i'm just so fuvking happy asdFGHJKL AHHHHG

this is requested by Dragonmarker and u may not remember requesting this coz it's been so long lmFAO my deepest apologies, i suck soooo bad but i made an effort to make this angst as good as cuuuushh ughHhHh

same reminders, the requesters of this oneshot books will definitely get what they deserve for being so awesome to request in such a poorly written book i crY so bad tears fall from ma eye

also, i just wanna say that i'm writing a short story. the title is 'rainy ramen' and it's an x reader book. u like my 'any character' oneshots? pffft how about a whole fucking separate bOOK ABOUT IT MMhh how bout that huhhh???? and i have a lot more short stories revolving around the x reader genre so stay tuuuned~ ily ]