√ || nagisa • unrequited

« doctor nagisa x nurse reader »

"DOC?" A SWEET voice called, instantly distracting Nagisa from the paperwork he's been doing in his office.

The blue-haired lad looked up, and saw Miss (L/N), his favorite nurse. A slight blush crept up to his cheeks, but hid his flustered state with a small smile.

"Ah—yes? Is something wrong?" He asked.

The nurse shook her head gently. "It's already lunch. Aren't you going to the cafeteria yet?" She asked, her (E/C) eyes staring directly at him. Her brows furrowed slightly in concern, and Nagisa tried his best to keep his cool.

"Gomen, I forgot. Hehe," he replied, chuckling as he placed down his pen. "I'll go catch up. You go ahead."

(Y/N) smiled. "Alright then." She said, and closed the door with a soft clink.

Nagisa sank down to his seat, letting out a heavy sigh. He looked at his wristwatch, and noticed how little time he has left for lunch. But instead of going out of his office, he stayed put in his uncomfortable swiveling chair, staring blankly at the Gudetama Bobblehead figure on his desk.

Nurse (Y/N) had been working at Tokyo Hospital a couple of years ago, and ever since then Nagisa became drawn to her. Although it was originally a secret among him and his best friend Karma Akabane, who works as an economy politician, you didn't need to be a detective to figure out that the androgynous lad had a particular crush on her.

It was no surpirse — (Y/N) had a lot of suitors on her tail, competing to win her affection and end up in a relationship. Nagisa was just one of those guys falling in line, hoping that he'd at least get a decent chance.

He sighed, pushing those thoughts aside for now. It was lunch — and he was hungry. He stood up from his chair and out of his office. He started making his way towards the cafeteria, in hopes of at least snagging a decent seat where he could silently keep an eye on her.

The cafeteria was buzzing with all sorts of conversations. It was a crowded place — mostly with doctors and nurses that shared a table, chatting about the daily grinds in their life.

Nagisa clutched his metal tray tightly and looked around. He was panicking, noticing that the usual table he always sat on was occupied with another set of doctors; one that he didn't know very well.

"Ah, Nagisa-san!" A voice called. The blue-haired lad's heart skipped a beat. That voice was unmistakable. Despite the noisy environment he was at, the sound of (Y/N)'s voice calling his name was as clear as a bell.

The (H/C) haired nurse pointed at an empty chair near her, signaling that he was free to sit there.

The young doctor took a deep breath, and regained his composure. He walked towards the nurse's table and noticed a few familiar faces. Heaving a small sigh of relief, the beating of his heart slowed down into it's usual calm pace.

"Ne, Nagi-senpai," Taki, one of the younger doctors who looked up to you, called. "They won't believe I got a girlfriend. You saw me and Akiko-san dating once, right?"

Of course he remembered. It was a sweet little sight, seeing a lad like him enjoy the perks of having a love life. Although he himself secretly envied him getting involved in a relationship faster than he did.

The doctor chuckled. "Ah, yeah, I did. You and Akiko-san look cute together."

Taki shot the other nurses a victorious look. He puffed his chest out proudly, unable to get enough of their embarrassed looks.

"That makes me wonder, actually," another doctor began, eyeing Nagisa with a small smirk. "When are you going to start dating girls, Nagisa?"

The young doctor nearly choked on his miso soup, finding the question a little too... sudden. Not to mention the person he was pining for was sitting next to him.

"A-Ano... I'm not really sure yet, ehehe," he replied, unable to hide the tint on his cheeks. "But there is someone at the moment."

"Go get her then," the doctor smiled, giving him an encouraging look.

Nagisa shot (Y/N) a few glances and sighed, curling his lips into a small, sad smile.

"I would if I could, but with a girl like her, she deserves better."

***

Nagisa considered himself lucky, because he gets to walk with (Y/N) home. It was a nice coincidence for him to end up living inside the same apartment complex.

"What a tiring day today was, right?" (Y/N) chuckled, stretching her arms out as she walked alongside the androgynous doctor.

"Sure is," Nagisa agreed.

The two reached the apartment complex and waved their goodbyes for the night. Nagisa was eager to crash onto his bed and get some good night's sleep.

"Ano, Nagisa-kun," (Y/N) suddenly called, causing him to turn red again. "About that girl..."

His heart skipped a beat. "What about her?"

There was a moment of pause for a while, then, the nurse smiled. "I suggest you tell her how you feel as soon as possible. Y'know, before someone else gets her."

She waved her hands a little, and with a cheery voice, she said, "Oyasumi nasai, Nagisa-kun."

[ a/n ; my god im such a liar

soo, how long has it been? a month or two? like, i can explain i promise lmao don't leave me pls

so i practically LiEd about the whole "im gonna go back to writing requests after my last update." and to be honest i managed to write guess what

one

and the reason for the lack of updates is that i'm kinda going through a lot of things in life so ya

plus i hav school and since it sucks so bad it decided to schedule a whole week of us playing sports, dancing and shit

great

and ill resume (for real) my writings cause i cannot give up on you guys for the love of god and im sorry y'all hope u forgive meh luv u yie ]