√ || yato • his name [1/2]

« yato x reader »

EVERYDAY, I SUFFER the anxiety of feeling that I had forgotten someone. Someone special. Along with a few more that seemed like they played a big part on my life.

The frustration of not knowing a single clue on who those people were was insane. My heart longed for them, even if it seems that they're all so foreign to me. It was a war between me and my heart.

I often guess what kind of people they were. Maybe some are the kindest people I've ever known — or the coolest to have ever exist. Hell, maybe one might be a superstar right now, and I haven't remembered! But in all honesty, I wished they had an attitude that would seem like I was home. And then maybe I wouldn't have to struggle with finding the right place anymore.

It was a regular day at work. I filled in the orders of customers like usual, wishing that the day would end sooner. It was one thing to work, but to do that everyday after school? I wished that there was another way to earn money — even if I was a struggling student.

I'd just got changed into the shop's standard uniform, when the chimes near the door sounded — a customer entered. I craned my neck from the locker room to take a little look before heading towards them.

It was a young girl with long brown hair. She wore a purple sailor middle school uniform, and looked absolutely stressed. I wondered what was the fuss all about.

Taking a deep breath, I changed my neutral expression into a cheery one, and walked outside to greet the girl.

"Hello," I chirped, smiling. "Welcome to—"

Completely ignoring me, she turned to the side and began to yell.

"Yato! Stop strangling Yukine-kun!" She exclaimed, sighing afterwards as she scratched her forehead in utter hopes that someone could help her stop the madness unfolding in front of her.

I stopped for a moment — who was she talking—er, shouting at, exactly? I looked over to where she was looking, and saw a painting of the band Hello Sleepwalkers. No sign of someone strangling somebody else.

I silently took a step back, thinking that this was a crazy customer. I'd have to tell the manager that, since I knew to myself I'd only make the situation worse if I had taken matters into my own hands.

I looked over to the manager's office, ready to head towards it and tell her what was happening. But suddenly, the girl got a hold of my wrist.

"Wait!" She says, "don't go yet."

I stopped, and obeyed, wanting to get things over with. Realizing what she had done a few seconds ago, she began to get red in embarrassment.

"E-Eto... sorry if I made you think I was crazy. It's just that I need your help."

I returned my smile again. "How can I help you?" I asked.

She looked unsure for a moment, as if she was hesitating to say something. She kept on looking back at where she was yelling at awhile ago.

She sighed. "Can you help me find the exact brand of this sweatshirt?" She asked, holding up a torn and dirty black and white sweatshirt.

I immediately recognized the brand. I made a beeline towards an aisle and searched through hangers and hangers of clothes, pulling out the same exact one the girl showed me.

"Here you go," I said, handing her the sweatshirt. "For your boyfriend?"

"W-What? Of course not!" She replied, clearly flustered. "My friend got his sweatshirt all torn up so I had to buy him one. He wouldn't want other brands except this." She held up the hanger with the same sweatshirt and chuckled.

"Yato, why don't you give it a try?" She asked, looking back at the same spot. I looked over again, just to check if there was finally someone standing there, as crazy as it may seem.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I looked. There was someone there! Why haven't I seen them before?

The Yato guy hastily wore the sweatshirt, and heaved out a sigh of relief. "That's much better, Hiyori!" He chirped.

Hiyori put her hands onto her hips and frowned. "Now, say thank you to the girl who looked for the same one you destroyed!"

The Yato guy and I met each other's gazes, and the faintest sensation of completeness coursed through me as quick as a bolt of lightning blinking across the sky.

We fell silent — with neither wanting to say anything. I still dwelled onto the warm feeling I felt awhile ago, wanting to feel it again. So I looked into his eyes again, feeling the same sensation engulf my body like a blanket.

His lips curled into a small smile. "Yo! Thanks for finding this sweatshirt. I appreciate it a lot!"

Suddenly, I was at loss for words. "I um..." I mumbled, trying to regain my composure as I shot him a smile.

"It's no problem. I'm happy to help you, Yato-kun."

"Hurry up, I have homework to do," said a small, blonde-haired lad that stood next to Hiyori.

"Ne, Yato," Hiyori called, heading towards the shop's door with the young lad ahead of her. "Let's go back to Kofuku-sama's place."

"Yeah, in a minute," he replied.

Yato turned back to face me, and took a few steps closer, making my heart race.

"If you don't mind, can I get your name?" He asked, scratching the back of his head shyly as he looked away.

I smiled. "It's (L/N). (L/N) (Y/N)-desu. Hajimemashite,"

For a second, he looked surprised. He was about to say something, when Hiyori called out to him again.

He sighed. "Well, nice to meet you. Let's see each other sometime again, okay?"

Yato headed for the door giving me one last glance before heading outside, leaving me drowning in my own whirlpool of thoughts.

[ a/n ; o m g .

how long has it been like god i better introduce y'all to my grandchildren lmaoo

so, where the hell have i been? i've been studying my ass in school, drowning in homeworks and projects (since i'm a graduating one). so yeah, i hope you guys forgive the less frequent updates. Hehe~

anyways, shortly after this, i guess i'll start again with the requests i haven't done yet, so stay tuned, people! ^_^

as always, love you guys. <3 ]