√ || saeran ● city lights and cigarettes

« saeran x reader »

  THE SMELL OF smoke has been killing my lungs for a few hours now. It was so thick that anything past the couch I was sitting at was barely visible. I should probably open the window or something, but I didn't bother to stand up.

I look down at my feet and sigh. He was right; I was useless without him. Our apartment had been a hot mess since he walked out the door and told me to do things my own for once, and perhaps, it was the best for the two of us.

I was distracted from my pool of thoughts when the door opened. Coughs erupted behind the thickness of the smoke from the cigarette, and I instantly knew who it was. I sighed, and pushed myself up to open the windows.

When everything became clear, I saw Saeran Choi standing at my door with an annoyed look. I sat back down and puffed.

"What brings you here, chief?" I watch the trail of bitter smoke evaporate in the air.

"Aren't you supposed to be kidnapping someone right now?"

He closed his eyes and shook his head disappointingly at the sight, snatched the cigarette from my mouth and took a long blunt.

"You misunderstand my job, (Y/N)," he replied quietly. "It's not as simple as that."

I scoffed, and looked away. "I honestly thought you scraped dog shit off of shoes for a living the first time we met."

He and I were silent. I listened to the sound of his voice when he smokes as I closed my eyes.

"How are you?" He asks in a flat tone. "I heard you and him broke up."

"Dunno. Heard he left for some girl in a couple of towns away real quick though,"

"Asshole," he smiles, "you're better off without him."

"Yeah. Maybe. I don't know."

Saeran didn't reply after that, so I stay quiet too. My apartment had a balcony right next to the living room, so I turned the sofa around so that it faced outside. We sat there and took in the cold breeze of the late night. The whole city was still awake despite the time, and lights from all over shone like studio lights so bright it kinda hurts my eyes a little. Or maybe it was just my eyes glossing for the third time this night, I'm not sure.

Saeran must've saw my face, because he heaved a loud sigh and scooted closer. I could smell his cologne now. It became stronger than the smell of smoke, and all of a sudden it was all I could inhale.

I felt his arm around my shoulder. He gave me a little nudge, so I look at him, which made me want to cry more.

"Stop giving me that look, Sae," I croaked.

"I don't wanna feel like this. I'm a jerk, so I shouldn't be crying right now."

The man beside me said nothing back, but he leaned closer to my face and kissed my forehead softly. I could feel him close his eyes and it was so unlikely of him, but I don't say a word. Instead, I cry. I cry against his shoulder, on his black leather jacket and continued to be engulfed in the deafening guilt and his scent.

"I know how you feel," he whispered, brushing my hair with his large, pale hands. "And I promise I'll never let you suffer how I did before."

We stayed like that for what seemed like hours, and the irrelevance of time made it feel like I was covered in his warmth for a long time - maybe longer than forever. If he stays here for the rest of the night, I wouldn't mind at all.

[ a/n ; so here's another one to make up for the long-ass hiatus. this is my first saeran one shot, and i kinda dig this kind of plot. anyways, i have returned omggggg

i have a lot more time to write now since finals are over, and i'm graduating lmaooo wish me luck jk ]