Out in the cold| Taeyang(sf9)

It was freezing!

My hands desperately rubbed my arms to keep them warm as I waited within the cold, snow surrounding all around me. I breathed into my hands a few times to recollect the warmth before proceeding to bounce around the parking lot. My eyes kept darting everywhere for the familiar silver car.

"Tae..." I breathed into the air, watching the fog blow out. "I swear if you aren't here soon-" I threatened through chattering teeth. I didn't finish my sentence, though, and continued to move around, occasionally glancing back at the closed doors of the library.

A few times my hand went to my stomach to send soothing motions to stop the tingling sensation of the cool air. I made a face anytime I felt a kick in response, but didn't further do anything except wait.

In the cold.

Sighing, I went to reach for my phone to call my husband once more when I saw his car pull up. He swung the car into a empty spot before dashing over to me, face full of panic.

"I came as fast as I could, baby, but I'm serious! I was caught in traffic. There was an accident just around the corner from here."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "I didn't ask. But thanks. Let's just go home, I'm starting to turn into a statue."

He carefully placed a hand on my back, helping me waddle to the car. "Baby, I told you that if you can barely make it to the kitchen that you shouldn't go here by yourself," Taeyang scolds, eyeing me as he suggests to the large baby bump I supported.

"You had work," I shrug, slipping into the car. I waited for him to also get in before continuing. "Plus I'm bored sitting at home. I wanted to get some fresh air."

He sighs. "Are you okay for the rest of the month? At least until the baby is born?"

I smiled innocently, pushing my hands on to his cheeks when he buckled up. His face contorted at the cold fingers that squished him. "I make no promises. Who would have known that the library was closed?"

Tae pulls out of the parking lot and shakes his head. "That's what the internet is for. I should have stayed to watch you go in first," he says, his brain probably beating himself up for it.

"All that matters is you are here now!" I smiled and leaned into the heat that the car kicked out. "My fingers are thawing, it's so weird."

Tae chuckles, taking my hand closest to him and pull it up to his mouth. He breathes onto it a few times before giving it a soft kiss. "I'm sorry for making you wait, my love. How can I make it up to you?"

I glance his way. "Can you get me a romance novel?" I sat there for a moment before backtracking. "No wait. I want a romance movie. Something to work on at home while I finish making those baby socks."

"Is that all?"

Sheepishly, I grinned. "Gummy worms, please."

"I'll have Youngkyun bring you some later, okay?" He negotiates, curling his fingers into my hands. "Thanks for going easy on me."

"It wasn't my choice. Your son wanted me to be nice to you."