Late Night| Bang Chan (skz)

"Oh, Linus! You were going to ask me to go with you!"

The TV sound was a light noise as you prepped yourself for bed. It was a movie you watched many times before, but a comfort movie never changes no matter how often you've seen it. It became harder to hear when you turned on the faucet, but the next words echoed in your mind from your memory.

It was well past midnight. You couldn't find yourself able to sleep at all, already cleaned the apartment top to bottom and made food for your work lunches. Still, not an ounce of sleepiness in your system. You figured maybe settling down, continuing your normal weekend routine, would encourage your body to slow down for the night.

The hair tie that pulled back your hair in a tight ponytail finally was removed. Running your fingers through it, you softened it down before brushing it. Every little movement that you usually do, and you still struggled to feel tired. After you finished you snuggled under the covers of your bed.

The apartment was empty. It usually was, especially this late in the evening, but tonight it felt even emptier. Even the sound of your movie seemed so loud in comparison. You couldn't help but feel burdened by it all.

"Well look who's wide awake."

Startled, you turned to your bedroom door to see it opened now, your fiance standing in the doorway. "Look who's finally here!" You laugh.

He laughed too, heading towards the bathroom you just came from. "I decided to get off early today. I hit a block and it's been stressing me out." He left the door open as he started to brush his teeth. "Plus I miss you."

"I missed you too," you mumble softly. His presence was what you missed this entire time. Why you couldn't sleep comfortably. He wasn't there.

Chan stepped from the bathroom in a changed black shirt. It nearly looked identical to the one he wore before, but cleaner. Less wrinkly. Black basketball shorts paired with it. The perfect cuddle outfit.

"Is this 'Sabrina' again?" He asks, pulling the covers over his legs and he scootched in.

You nodded. "Of course. A classic is a classic."

Chan continues to russle with the covers and his pillows until he was comfortable. After a moment, he decided to discard the pillow to the side and reach for you. His arm drapes over your legs, pulling you close. "C'mere," he grumbles.

You allow him to maneuver the both of you to his comfort. He rests his head on your chest, you leaning against the headboard, both watching the television. The apartment no longer felt as quiet as before, the sound of the tv not as noticeable, your heart abuzz with feelings for your fiance. It was exactly what you needed.

"I love you," you whisper to him, hand reaching around him to comb back the top of his hair. You curled your fingers around his bangs, gently pulling them back to reveal his forehead. Leaning down, you press a sweet kiss.

Chan snuggles further into your chest. "I'm so glad I'm home." His hand rubbed your back gently. "I love you so much."

You were glad he was home too. Your fingers continued to run softly through his hair. The focus on the television lost, eyes only on him as you felt yourself become more and more tired. You leant down so you could place your head atop of his and close your eyes.

"Did you wait for me just so you could sleep?"

You hummed in agreement. Although it never was your intention, his body flush against yours and his hand rubbing your back in a continuous pattern was lulling you into sleep. It brought you great comfort to have him in your arms.

"Sleep, my love. I'll turn the movie off when's it over."

"No," you protest lightly. "Play 'Funny Face' afterwards."