Little Flower|Seonghwa (Ateez)

Little Flower

"Don't cry my darling," he whispered, carefully cupping her delicate cheek with his palm, wiping away the solid streams of tears that fell. He watched her expression with furrowed eyebrows, as if he couldn't read her emotions entirely well.

The young girl looked at him with wide eyes. She was informed news that had hurt her heart, giving off extreme pain. One that would only hurt temporarily, however, as she would not be able to remember this moment or anything related to him again.

She reached and desperately grabbed at his cold hand. "Why? Why must I leave like this?" Thin, bright green vines were wrapped around her arms with small tiny flowers blooming in every other spot. Those vines were what tangled both her memory and her thoughts, keeping her from the real world he selfishly captured her from.

He let her go, watching as her entangled arms dropped to her side. "My little flower," he calls upon the dearest name he tended to use when he was upset. "I have been selfish for too long. It is time to give you back to those who loved you before I. Then, if you remember, you can choose to come back to me."

He had said those words, both of them knowing she would not be able to remember him after this moment. It was only to comfort the poor helpless soul he hid away. Yet his words didn't soothe her at all.

Without another word, he lifted his hand above her, a green glow surrounding her. It wilted away the green life connected to her, freeing both her body and mind from anything to for with him. A lasting tear dropped down to the plants, engraving such memory in his brain instead. Her eyes fluttered closed as the energy flowing to her was ceased, falling into his arms as she left consciousness.

~~~

It was in her blood. The tingly feeling she got when she planted the last flower in the garden was due to her passion. She believed that nature was buried deep in her heart and being with it was in her blood, almost like it was destiny for her to be connected to it.

Eunyeong proudly patted on the soil that protected the seeds of her soon-to-be blooming flower. She then reached for her water pail, pouring gently over the mound to water the plant. She smiled brightly, leaning back to admire the work before her. Rows upon rows of plants filled the garden over time, her days spent in the room was finally paying off.

Eunyeong stood to her feet, dusting off her hands on her work apron before gathering her tools and heading towards the white table. She placed down the tools, taking a last glance at the inside garden before heading for the exit, prepared to leave for the day and return the next.

The young girl was startled at the sound of the sturdy tree beside the garden crackling. It often did that when the temperature outside would cool off, but she was surprised since it was mid summer. She turned to it immediately out of concern, wondering if the tree was getting old and weak already. It crackled again when she neared, except this time much louder.

Startled, Eungyeong paused her movements. The tree had never been so loud before. She waited a few moments, wondering if she would hear it again, but was left to reluctantly leave after it went silent. She gave it a once-over before promptly turning on her heels and leaving for her home.

"I'm home!" The girl calls out, kicking off her shoes at the front door and peering into her lit home.

Her mother, bright and cheerful welcomed her from the kitchen. "Hello dear! How did it go at the garden?"

Eunyeong peered around the corner to see her mother eating a small sandwich at the island counter. "It was alright," she says with a shrug. She reaches into the fridge for a drink. "You know that tree beside the garden?"