Chapter 51: Preparations

Playlist: New Rules by Dua lipa

The week ran too fast if I do say so myself, but anyway the faster the better right?. It was the end of school but we were assembled in the hall for an emergency assembly.

"What do you think the important Intel is" I asked Caleb and Natalie beside me but they just shrugged.

We waited patiently till we heard the familiar sound of heels approaching and revealed our beautiful principal with her tablet in her hand.

"Good afternoon students" she greeted with a smile and we greeted back.

"So there has been a change of plans, everything is happening sooner. the meetings and competitions we have been preparing for, for the past week is going to be held tomorrow not Wednesday" she said and some gasped and my heart started racing.

Oh no no no, I'm not ready yet. Oh this reminds me, y'all don't know. well Caleb, Elliot,Naomi, Maddie,Natalie and I are representing senior category and I'm not sure we're all prepared for the science, art and debate/essay/spelling competitions. I'm sure y'all are wondering why our best student Liam isn't participating,well he doesn't want to,he's focused on his football.

"So after lunch, those concerned would go to their respective teachers for prep and the footballers and basketball players to their coaches" she said scrolling through her tab.

"There would be no sports tomorrow so be prepped and clean tomorrow by 9am. Be properly dressed in your uniforms then daywears and be on your best behaviour, please don't disgrace me,yourselves and the school. They would be here by 9am but the academic competitions start by 11am. Sporty matches start by 4pm and everything would be ending by 7pm. Don't worry everything is happening at different times so no one is missing out on anything"
"Also we have contacted all your parents informing them about the events and some have agreed to show up and support their children so don't be surprised if you see your parents tomorrow" and most of the little ones cheered.

"Then as for Monday" she said in glee. "Be ready by 7am because immediately after breakfast you'll hit the road on the way to WEH for the 1week exchange program, also properly dressed in your daywear. Pack everything necessary and remember to have fun" she said.

"Now for the moment we've all been waiting for, who is going and who is not" she made a dramatic pause. "Year 7 we have Blake ,chisom,Somto, Hannah...." And the list went on till it reached my class. "Year 10 we have Henry, James, Naomi, Maddie, Favour, Ann, Caleb, Natalie, Ashley and Presley" she called the names for our class and the names went on till the senior class.
"And last but not the least year 12 we have Melissa, Sophia, Asher, Rose, Elliot, Ella, temi,ayo,James and Bella" she called. Hmm she just took the important prefects.

"Again please, na beg I dey take god beg you,biko don't disgrace me, yourselves or the school when y'all get there" she begged and we smiled at her mistrust for us.

"Anyway that would be all. Headboy please stay back I would like to see you. The rest your dismissed" she said and we filed out. I stood up and looked at ash worried but he just winked and mouthed 'its ok princess, I didn't do anything' with a smirk and I left with the others.

* Asher's POV *

Once everyone was gone I went to the front to meet her and she motioned for me to take a seat at the front row which I did, I actually didn't have any idea why she was calling me.

"Let me just make this quick so you can have your lunch" she said taking a seat and turned grinning, she's so pretty.

"So Liam, how's the schools beloved headboy faring" she asked.