Chapter 3: Melted Chocolate

Playlist: Better now by post Malone
       Dedicated to @Jedidiah_unusual

They all look intimidating with their well ironed uniforms and professional demeanor and the only difference between them and us is that they have special badges abi tags indicating prefectship .

     "Relax" Nat elbowed me ."they are doing it for show ,some are pretty cool and chill" she said.

   "OK and I wasn't freaking out " I defended.

      "Sure" she said rolling her eyes while I continued my observations as one particular one with an even more special badge caught my eye. He looked like an Arabian prince (how is that even possible), he is slim,tall about 6 ft 1, has golden caramel skin, amber eyes, high curly hair( well most of the boys I've seen in this school do) ,pink lips ,sharp jaw, built to perfection....

   "Would you shut up I'm having a headache"

    "Who the fuck are you" I mentally asked.

   "I'm your subconscious  Annabel, nice to meet you" my subconscious said.

  "Oh, how come I've not met you before" I asked.

  "Cuz I've been lowkey but I'm tired and ready to get out there, you'll be hearing from me more often now....OK bye before you look stupid" S.C waved off.

   "OK bye" I said coming back to reality and looked to my side and Nat had this look on her face that says what is this girl thinking  but I just smiled and she shrugged it off .Anyway he was extremely hot and judging by the way the girls beside me drooled I'm not the only one that thinks so.

       "Good day everyone.... If your done checking me out my name is Liam Asher  Noles , I'm the school's Head boy and welcome to Royalty King College. I'll be addressing you along with the other prefects around us" he said huskily looking bored at the clipboard he is holding again.

   "Is it just me or he corky much" I said to Nat.

  "God Ann his voice feels like melted chocolate" Nat said amused .

  "Melted chocolate? Who says that?" I said making a face but she just shrugged.

   "As you all know only very high class kids can afford this school so most of you are either biracial, lived most of your lives abroad, or just very rich" Liam continued.

    "For example, I'm part Nigerian and part Arabian" he said.

    "Yes I knew it" I exclaimed loudly and everyone looked at me and I just smiled sweetly and bent my head while my cheeks heat up out of embarrassment .

  "And you guys are ranging from JSS 1, SS1, JSS 2, and SS2. I'm in SS3 (senior year) so you guys should be very respectful. Hope this school session would be a memorable one and if you have any problem feel free to ask any of us with the badges " and he searched the crowed for any reaction and his eyes met mine and his eyes softened but that was short lived and became even darker and stepped back giving the clipboard to another prefect who stepped forward. Hmm weird .

     "Hey everyone, once again welcome to R.K.C . I'm Elliot Ochré Bayman, the school's social prefect " he said and gave an award winning grin which Natalie almost died for.

      "I'm a science student ,I'm fully Nigerian although my grand ma is French and I like singing and dancing" he continued. This one is soo Natalie's type , he is taller than the first one about 6 ft 2, light chocolate, walks like a model , lankyish , overly fresh ,has high dready hair and much more bubbly than the first one.

   I looked at Nat for a moment and I could die of laughter ,she looked like a love struck puppy .
    "Damn Nat keep yourself together shuu, I can see your drool in the front row " I teased and she quickly cleaned her mouth even though nothing was there which made me laugh even harder.

      "Oh and yeah I'm in charge of all the fun stuff and your welfare , so if your bored feel free to meet me" Elliot continued but was cut off by Nat and I fighting and he shot us a wink and I think  Nat mentally died .

        "So that's all the time we have. Move to the left and on the big navy blue board you'll see your names, classes, how many subjects you offer and other information, then you can off load your books in your respective classes and start school tomorrow" Elliot finished and stepped back and a pretty fair girl and boy stepped forward.

    " hey everyone I'm Temi , your hostel(dorm) prefect for girls and the lovely gentleman beside me is Ago the hostel prefect for boys....after you all have finished your business in class we'll guide you all to your respective hostels....bye" they waved off . "bye " we all responded and all the prefects left and we departed to sort ourselves out.

         ****************************

     "Nice" I exclaimed "I'm offer only 10 subjects....thxs mum" I rejoiced.

   "I offer 11...what the hell I'm I doing with French " Nat said. "Stupid dad and his live for France" she continued.

    "OK we have 9 periods a day from 8am to 2:10pm  with short break by 10- 10:10am and long break by 12:10-12:50 seems normal" I said looking at the time table.

    "Yh I'm in room 124 art" Nat said.

"And I'm in room 124 science....we're close to each other " I beamed .

  "Cool ..sha see you in hostel let me in pack my books in class" Nat said as she hugged me goodbye.

   "Yh me too , bye" and went to my class to do the same.

             **************************

     After about 15min hunt ,I finally found the girls hostel and got cleared in, unpacked ,normal boarding school stuff and went up to the Dorms for sophomores. It has large spaces and pretty colours and I'm bunked with Natalie who introduced me to two girls she met on her first day, favour and Naomi who r also our corner mates . we chatted for a while and promised to show us around tomorrow and I slept off waiting anxiously for tomorrow.

*Asher's POV*

    "Stupid HeadBoy duties" I said as I jumped on my bed.

   "What hit you as you came....you look awful" my annoying best friend said.

   "Gee thxs Elliot that helps a lot" I said sarcastically and he smiled .

  "No problem bro but seriously what's wrong with you" he insisted.

   "Nothing just really tired". I said

" OK...guy did you see that fine dark girl seating on the middle row with black braids " he said smiling like a kid.

   "Yeah and so?" I said knowing where he was going with this.

   "She's one fine piece of chocolate" he said smirking.

   "Yeah I know , I'm not blind" I said.

  "And the caramel one with the dimple next to her , she fine too" he said.

   "Shut up" I shot throwing a pillow at him,I don't want to be reminded.

  "What's wrong with you" he asked .

  "Just don't talk about her" I pleaded warningly.

  "OK man ,geez if you wanted her you could have just said so" he said and I glared at him and he was smart enough to change topic. We chatted for a while and we eventually slept off.

Author's Note:

To clarify,
abi is a Nigerian slang meaning "right?" Or "or" .

A prefect is a senior student authorized to maintain discipline in a school. And there are different prefects for different sectors of a school. Eg food prefect,sports prefect,etc.

Shuu is a Nigerian slang meaning "damn!"

  Anyway thxs for reading my book ..hope you like it ,remember to vote and share and follow me on media's😘😘