Chapter 6: Spoons

Playlist: Rise by Katy perry

    The rest of the day went by normally and I was now heading to hostel to get ready for food, I just added a bandana with the school's badge on it to my outfit (apparently they have everything with the badge on it) and tied it around my hair ,took my bag and watch and headed downstairs to the cafeteria. We got in line and Nay,Fay and Nat got their foods accordingly while I got mine lastly. As they served mine someone yelled something.

     "Girl with the black and blue hair with the bandana round it come here" and I came realising she was referring to me praying for the best.

    "Get me water" she ordered and I obeyed, I've heard about her she's Sophia our food prefect and Melissa's best friend I reasoned giving her the water.

   "Thank you and give this to ash" she said giving me a spoon, at least she's more polite than her bestie. I took the spoon holding my tray of food on one hand and headed to Asher's table.

     Halfway there I tripped on my own foot sending jollof rice and chicken salad all over me and I just stayed there shocked for a few seconds when footsteps approached me. "Shit" I swore.

* Asher's POV *

    Someone swore and the whole caf became quiet, I looked around and saw Annabel covered with food on the floor (oh yeah I got her name). Everyone  just looked at her ,some giggling and laughing their asses off while others were just shocked even her own friends didn't know what to do. She looked so cute biting her lip embarrassed and her hair all over. I felt so bad that I didn't realize when I started moving.

* Ann's POV *

     I looked up and it was asher approaching, he took the spoon they sent me to give him and said " are you really this clumsy" I was baffled and just looked back at Sophia and she was giggling playing with her crotchet twists then Asher gave me a hand raising me up to my feet.

    "Thanks" I said more like a whisper.

  "Its my job" he said cockily and looked at his spoon." You got my favourite spoon dirty"he continued, now I was angry.

   "Is that really what you care about right now" I said getting all up in his face.

"Your bloody spoon" I said taking the spoon from his hand and throwing it away.

*Asher's POV *

   She threw my spoon away, this girl get mind o. Interesting. I didn't know what to do against because no one ever dared to do that and without thinking I did the most stupid and cowardly thing yet.

* Ann's POV *

   "Kneel down" he said in attempt to punish me for my disrespect.

  "How dare you...because of you I'm like this" I accused pointing at my clothes. "I'm not gonna and do you know why because a huge jerk like you doesn't deserve my respect" I yelled at him and stormed off while the three other bad boys on his table were laughing mike maniacs

             *************************

      I just finished washing my clothes and taking my bath,slipping into my pink PJs when the door flew open.

    "God Ann are you ok .....they didn't allow me out earlier but night prep is over now so I came as fast as I could" Nat said breathless.

     "Yh and don't worry your not in trouble for being absent. Nay and I begged for you" fay said and Nay nodded.

   "Thxs guys but I'm ok now just fashi it" I said. we chatted for a while and did other stuff but eventually fell asleep on the floor.

* Elliot's POV : in boys hostel *

     "Chill man you look like your ready to punch someone in the face" I said calming ash down.

   "That's because I am" he said still angry.

   "Ok just try not to" I said .

  "You know how I feel about females and now some girl comes to do this to me".he said groaning into his pillow.

   " hey she's new and not every girl is gonna be like Your mum so stop blaming her for everything...she made mistakes" I said.

   "Yh I know I'm just being paranoid...I'm sorry" ash said defeated.

   "Good...you know when she was trying to get all up in your face she looked so cute cause she barely reached your chin"

    "Yh I know...it was funny cute" ash said cheering up.

   "Ha" I said.

   "What" he said confused.

   "You called  her cute" I said grinning.

    "No I didn't you piece of shit" ash said throwing a pillow at me and I ran away.