chapter 1: Breaking free (prologue)

Playlist: moving on by marshmallow
Story of my life by one direction

*************2years ago, 8th grade******

" leave me alone" I cried as I crashed to the toilet floor.

"Eyaa does the little princess want to cry" Emma said with a smug look on her face as she drags me by the hair and leads me to one of the toilet stalls,the pain so anguishing that I couldn't register fast enough what was coming next. Before I knew it my head was dunked into the toilet and I was chocking on toilet water.

"Aww don't struggle,I'm just trying to reunite you with your people ,cause your a piece of shit" Emma spat and with that she left the bathroom with me soaking wet and crying on the floor and my perfect Black & purple braids in a mess.

"Why does she keep bullying me?...what did I ever do to her?" I thought.

"Why have I not even said anything to anyone" I reasoned. I let out a low chuckle "piece of shit that is better than your whole family combined" I comebacked and rested me head on my knees against the bathroom walls sitting there and as if on cue the door flew open revealing my beloved childhood bestfriend Natalie.

"What the fuck happened to you, I've been looking everywhere for you,some people said they heard screams from this direction" Nat said with worry.

"Wow and no one bothered to check" I rolled my eyes "and guess you didn't check well" I continued and she shot me a death glare which I averted my eyes from then she calmed down and asked

"who did this to you?". "Nobody I just fell" I replied (damn that was a lame lie)

"Yh into the toilet ,seriously who?" She continued to ask.

"No one really" I said. "Ann I know you, you hardly cry out of pain ,please just tell me who..."

"Nobody OK..just forget the issue,I don't want to talk about it" I yelled in annoyance cutting her off.

"We promised to tell each other everything # she said and I remembered our 6yr old promise and I weakened. " its Emma " I said lowly .

"what! You don crase, you allowed that bitch bully you" she screamed but relaxed again ."its OK...I know what to do but first lets get you cleaned up" Nat said raising me up and I followed her to change.

************ A year ago, 9th grade ********

Its my last extension and visiting day for jss3 (freshman year), my mum is in a hurry so she left my provisions and other stuff and left. A lot has changed, I became more confident ,Natalie taught me how to fight and I've become more mature both mentally and physically...like seriously I'm hot.

"OK bye sweetheart see you in a few weeks gotta attend an important meeting" my mum said and pecked my cheek leaving wine lip print on my cheek.

"Kk mum, love you bye!" and like that she left and I turned to go drop my things in hostel(dorm) when my happiness was short lived as I saw the devil herself in front of me.

"Mummy doesn't love you enough to stay" Emma smirked . "look I don't have time for ur games , my mum is just very busy" I said but she continued

"well ..I don't blame her really, if I had a daughter like you I won't like to be known as your mother either" she said checking out her perfectly manicured nails .

"shut the fuck up" I spat. "What did you say you little brat" she growled. "You may be a year older than me but I'm tired of your shit" I said and she stepped closer hovering over me smirking and I took a step back "if you have mind repeat what you said" she dared .

"you heard me I said shut the fu..." She slapped me right where my mama kissed me and that's when I was raged.

I jumped in her and started punching her like my most hated thing (I think she is). "That's for all the insults and spittle *punch"... That's for making me feel horrible and my life hell *punch*...you dont know me *punch* ..you don't know what I go through" I said trying to make her eat her hair when a pair of hands grabbed me by the waist and raised me of her, it was the principal, "Ann Parker...Emma Rock to my office now" he said and we followed him behind.

After writing reports and other shit just know we both got expelled anyway and my mum picked my up the next day.

As I'm about to leave the school gates I told my mum to go ahead that I forgot something and I went to the school field and shouted.

"fuck you stupid cocksuckers and this stupid school with no fair hearing, jss3 exams r not important anyway,I'll miss you Nat see you summer ..bye bitches!" And everyone cheered for me and I went home happily to my beautiful mansion in Gwarinpa,Abuja.

***** ***** ****** *******

"Mum I gotta tell you something" I said but she ignored me , it's been a week since the expulsion and she is still very pissed at me.
" mum pleeease listen to me" I pleaded with a pout but she continued ignoring me.

"I don't want to hear it Annabel, your level of crime is becoming dangerously high and I'm very disappointed" she said putting on a serious face .

"I'm sorry mama just let me explain" I pleaded but she didn't budge. "Please for your little princess Anna" and she smiled a little loving the name Anna and cartoons and said I should go ahead. Nice thinking Ann and I mentally high gives myself. So I explained my whole bullying trauma and neglecting stuff and she understood.

"Oh my God!" She said ,"why haven't you said anything before" she said but I just shrugged "I tried". " I've been such a bad mum and not been paying attention " she accused herself. "Its OK mama" I said and hugged her.

"So can I please change schools" I begged. "Of course baby, your never going to that hell hole again" and I smiled by her swearing. "I'll make plans with Natalie's parents and you'll be set by the time we travel to London for summer holiday and come back" she continued.

"Yay" I squealed and ran to my bedroom and by the time I was half way up I turned and said "your the best mum" "I know" she winked and went up and slept soundly.

Author's note:-
Let me make something clear , in Nigeria the school system goes like this;
7th garde - JSS1
8th grade - JSS2
9th grade - JSS3
10th grade - SS1
11th grade - SS2
12th grade - SS3
And in boarding school they stay in hostels aka dorms.

Social medias:
Snapchat👻: official_anwuli
Instagram📸: official_anwuli
Twitter🐦: Annekeruche
WhatsApp📞: +2349064397936
Musical.ly🎶: official_anwuli
Dubsmash: official_anwuli