chapter 48: Cutlery Awards

Playlist: Black Barbie by Nicki Minaj

   Its the first school day and we have English 4th period.... Uggh but at least I have like 2 free periods and Natalie and Elliot are yet to come back which is unusual for Nat.

         "Yo are you gonna eat that" Henry asked pointing at my plate of pancakes.

    "You know what nah, I think I've had enough" I said emptying my plate into his.

    "Thanks"

    "Did you do your assignments" fay asked.

    "Yeah I did"

   "Good cause I really need to copy your..." She replied before getting cut off.

    "You guys should hurry up with your meals, its almost time" Sophia said...I forgot she was food prefect.

    "Scratch that, get up and leave" Rose our head girl said.

    "Oh damn....time to accelerate" henry said chunking down his food while the rest of us got up to leave.

    "See you there" Naomi said pecking him on the cheek.

   We sat down on our usual sitting positions as we waited for the principal and I looked back searching for ash and saw him talking to Austin. I waved at him and he tapped ash pointing at me and he smiled to which I returned and faced front.

     Finally I heard clinking of heels and we clapped as she approached the stage holding her white iPad...I don't know why we love this woman so much. She gave us her Grammy award smile and tapped the mic to check if it was ok.

      "Good morning teachers and students" she greeted and we greeted back.

    "I hope y'all had a wonderful break and its good to see you all back and looking healthy"she continued.

    " I still have asthma" fay said and I smacked her leg glaring at her but Mrs king just chuckled.

    "And I pray you don't get any attacks" she smiled.  "Anyway but its time to be serious, your 2nd CAT and end of term exams are coming up and we need to continue upholding one of the best results in Abuja" she said and we clapped our hands.

    "Maybe this time we would conquer West End High academically" she said and most of the students hissed.

    "Shuu what's our problem" I said baffled.

   "They are just sickening" Naomi said.

   "Swear, they're so uptight and always think they're better than us" Caleb supported.

   "But outside school they are actually nice...most sha" favour shrugged.

    "Ha ha lol I know right, you know I actually think the teachers write their exams for them or maybe fake results or favouritism who knows. This is Nigeria" Mrs king said and we laughed.

    "Speaking of W.E.H, they're gonna be visiting our school soon for 'healthy interactions' " she air quoted and we groaned.

Damn the hate is much

   "Yeah! Don't worry its gonna be fun, the first part is just the two schools basically hanging out then some debates,spelling bees and quizzes then the extracurricular activities like football and basketball matches would also be held" she said and we clapped

  "Anyway more info would be given as the event draw nearer" she said scrolling through her iPad. "Oh how could I forget, I have some very exciting news, drum roll please" she said excited and we all drummed on our laps then stopped.