Chapter 14: Time Tells

Playlist: call out my name by the weekend

   "Wake up ekpa" fay said in a very thick Yoruba accent.

   "What na" I groaned.

   "Economics is over, time for snacks break" fay said and I wake up tapping my face a few times to fully wake up.

     "Geez you should be awarded sleeping beauty of the class...not that you wake up beautiful" henry said and the rest laughed but I could care less.

    "I swr  and don't mind him ,your pretty even when you wake up" Caleb said as we all walked out to the hall. The same time Nat and Nay came out of their class and we went together.

             *************************

     I got pure bliss and fanta and sat down with the rest, the big 4 already there which was surprising.

        "Liam has been staring here since" Nat whispered next to me and I turned with style to see for myself but he didn't meet my eye.

       "Leave him his feeling sharp" I teased. "Probably plotting how to embarrass me next" I continued.

     Then suddenly Caleb grabbed my hand.

* Caleb's POV *

   I over heard Nat and Ann's conversation cause fortunately they are bad whisperers and I looked back and indeed he was looking this way. Time to play, this will teach him to interfere.

      I grabbed Ann's hand and raised it a little so asher could  see and intertwined out fingers. "Do you want to stay with me during field night" I asked her against her ear and rubbed them with my thumb easing her and she nodded.

     "Sure" she said with a smile but I didn't leave her alone and wrapped my arm round her shoulders playing with her hair.

* Asher's POV *

     "I can't take my eyes off her, what kind of dirty hold does she have on me" I thought.

    "Stop staring" James said next to me bringing me back to reality.

   "I wasn't staring" I lied.

   "Why you always staring at her....you like her or something" he asked.

   "Nah pffh...what that's ridiculous" I babbled .

   "Oh so you don't mind if I date her" he said and I was baffled and they all laughed.

   "Dude your totally whipped" he said.

   "No I'm not" I shot back. Was I ?

    "Ha! Shut up, you are.... Your full of whipped cream" Elliot teased.

   "Yh what of nae-nae lotion" Austin said and we all stopped and looked at him cause of his dry joke.

   "Your dry as fuck" Elliot said.

  "Well I don't what to be wet as spoon"
Austin joked again and Elliot punched him on the shoulder.

   "Ouch" he winced.

  "Guys don't look now but lover boy is making a move" James said and we faced Ann's group.

   "Eww he's flirting" I said and they all laughed once more.

    "what is his plan" I thought.

   "Maybe he likes her" SC said

   "Oh no you again"I mentally groaned.