shocker pt.2 *️⃣ Steve.

Song: Kygo ft. Miguel - remind me to forget.

A/n: the gif is only for the look Steve gives you. So don't pay attention to everything else.

'Why y/n?, why are you acting so cold?' Wanda asks angrily.

'Because Wanda, I can't get attached, I will screw things up eventually...and I can't take burying more friends, I can't!'

'You can at least be nice to them...'

'I did, it wasn't a success, can you please leave this now...'

'No I can't, y/n I can help you....'

'I don't want your help!' You snap and she stops talking.

Her eyes glow red and you take a step back.

'If you use your power on me I will shock you...I'm not kidding Wanda...'

'This is the only way to help you...' she moves her hands and you try to escape the room.

'Wanda don't!' You warm her as you stumble into the hallway.

'You're leaving me no choice..' she whispers and you run away from her.

You run to your hiding spot in the tower, the boiler room.

You fall to the floor and you crawl to the nearest wall to sit against.

You put your hands in your hair as you pull your knees against your chest.

'Y/n you have to get out of here now!, you're the only good to go and get help...'

'No I'm not leaving you behind!'

'You have to...you can get backup!'

'No Daniel...what if something happens?!'

'If you don't get backup we will all die!, now go!' He yells and you run out of the building.

Right when you look back at the building it explodes.

You stop running and you look at the now burning building.

'No, no NO!' You yell as you fall to your knees.

You start to cry and sob heavily in pure defeat as your teammates burn.

'Y/n?' You feel a hand on your shoulder.

In the meantime that you were having a meltdown, Steve went looking for you. He heard you yelling and instantly went searching. Finding you all crouched up against the wall.

You look up and snap out of your memory and see Steve looking worried at you.

'What's wrong?'

You don't reply but instead you stare at the wall in front of you, thinking he would leave eventually.

But instead he sits down next to you and also starts staring at the wall.

'I know what you're doing you know...'

'Oh yeah?, what's that?' You reply by taking your eyes off the wall.

'You're Afraid to get hurt...you're afraid that you'll get attached to us and lose us..so you shut us out...'

You stay quiet and you shrug.

'You don't have to be scared to get attached....we're not going anywhere...'

'Don't have to tell me, you've all been on my ass for the last week...' you huff.

'All I'm saying is..it's not easy, but attachment doesn't make you weak y/n, and you attaching to us doesn't make us more vulnerable...'

'I know that...but it's just... I can't take one single death again....I can't..' you say breaking down.

'You're not the only one who has problems on this team...'

'You're superheroes, what could you possibly have to struggle with?'

'Okay, let's go over the whole team and I'll tell you what they're struggling with, if...you'll agree to come with me afterwards...'

'Deal...' you say as you bring your legs down to the ground again.

'Okay,

We have Bruce, he always doubts things because of what happened in Africa...

Natascha, She can't have children because of the organisation she was forced into.

Tony has PTSD, he often gets anxiety attacks,

Clint has a great aim, but can't hear as good as everyone else;

Thor, he had to deal with the loss of his father, his hammer and his people in a very short period of time.

Wanda, she had to watch her brother and boyfriend die at the hands of someone else.

Bucky fell of a train and was brainswashed for almost 80 years..

And Loki, he's one of the most hated species in the realms...'

'And what about you?' You ask, your voice barely a whisper.

'I took Bucky with me on a fight, and I didn't hold on tight enough, making him fall of the train...'

'Oh....'

'See?, you're not the only one scarred by the past y/n...'

'Wow....I have some apologies to make then...'

'Maybe you do...' he smiles warmly.

'Then I'll start with you....I'm sorry I was mean to you...'

'It's alright...I already knew what you were doing...'

'That doesn't make it okay...'

'It's okay y/n, promise...speaking of promises, shall we?' He asks as he gets up and offers you his hand.

'We shall..' you chuckle as you take his hand and he pulls you up.